Monday, June 6, 2011

23 May 2011

3 Weeks 1 day and 14 hrs and my sweet sunshine will be home!!! 
 Hi all-
So yeah.  If you could check that (UNR sign up info) as soon as possible and call me or text me, I would appreciate it.  I also have permission to go online to sign up for classes, so the sooner I get that started, the better.
    This week has been pretty cool.  I got to sit in on one of our recent convert's patriarchal blessings yesterday.  That was really cool because he's somebody that I found down here while I was in VA Beach, and then to come back and he's a member and getting his blessing, it was really cool.  He's doing really well right now.  In other news, the other RC here just had some girl move in with him.  He met her last week and they're already shacked up.  It's really sad and he's really falling away right now.  We've got an investigator pool now, so that's nice.  Finding has been hard, but we're trying new ways and trying to not get discouraged.  

   I had a SUPER SWEET study today!  I was reading in Mosiah Chap 1 and in verse 5 it talks about how the brass plates were what saved Lehi's family from dwindling in unbelief.  It says how those that didn't read the scriptures didn't have that faith and ended up being the lamanites.  So I started thinking about all thepeople we meet everyday who say "Yeah, you need to read the bible."  yet they don't do it at all.  And look at the quality of their life?  Look at how they spend their time?  They're just like lamanites.  I don't want that to sound judgemental or racist or anything, but it's true.  Reading the scriptures gives you a purpose in life adn helps you know where you're going, and gives you the faith to get there.  It was pretty cool.  Then I read Mosiah 1:13, and cross referenced it with 2 Nephi 26:11 and Matthew 27:47.  read those and see what they have in common.  It's way cool.  Complete testimony builder of the atonement.  
   Yeah, I had heard that Kurt moved to Boston.  Don't know how long ago.  
     Well, I don't really know what else to tell you.  Think that's all I got.  I'm sure I'll think of something else once I get off, but oh well.
 Love you all.  Take care
     Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment