Wednesday, June 22, 2011

20 June 2011

So this last week was rough, but really good.  Juan, our awesome investigator, went to the DC temple on Saturday with our stake.  He LOVED it.  He thought that baptisms for the dead was the coolest thing ever.  And he was bearing testimony on the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith.  It was awesome. He says he's not ready to get baptized, because he doesn't know all the commandments, but he's progressing a TON!  Yeah, it's really sad about our convert who just disappeared.  The saddest part is that he kNOWS he's breaking the law of chastity, but he's just too caught up in it.  Our other convert is slipping away also.  He doesn't even get embarrassed when we catch him drinking anymore.  It really makes me frustrated, because he KNOWS about his baptismal covenants.  
   Yeah, I'll try to stay awake.  As Elder Tolstrupp so eloquently reminded me when a member asked how I feel and I replied "I'm tired."  He said "You can sleep on the plane."  It was hilarious.  I'm definitely not ready to go home, but my body is just physically exhausted.  I can  barely stay awake through all 3 hours of church now, and I fall asleep in my prayers just about every night.  It's hard.  
   In other news, I get to see Mormon Tabernacle Choir tonight.  It's going to be awesome.  And side note: Don't ever move to Colorado.  It' been almost impossible for Elder Giesick to get his license.  Colorado sucks.   On Thursday/Friday, I got to go on an exchange to VA Beach with Elder Wiles, and we visited Fernando and Griszelda and also Teo and Mercedes.  It was SO COOL!  Teo and Mercedes are getting sealed on the 9th of July and they want me to be there!  I don't know how much a plane ticket to and from DC would cost???  maybe?    Fernando got the priesthood yesterday, and then I got to talk to Jaime Medina, my peruano.  It was a really cool exchange.  
  As for raging waters.... I'm going to be a freshly released missionary, still awkward, with an extra 25ish pounds on me.  I don't know if that's a great combo...  And is no one else coming down with us?  
   Well, I don't really know what else to say.  The going home jokes are getting more and more brutal as the days go on.  My ward mission leader is making ribs for me on Thursday.  We ate them with Elder Allen and they were SOOOO good.  I just have to keep my head down 1 more week.   I can do it.  
   See you next Tuesday :)
   Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment