Wednesday, June 22, 2011

13 June 2011

Well, that's sad to hear about uncle david.  Kinda hard to believe actually.  But, if C. Scott Grow's brother can come back after being excommunicated, it's possible for Uncle David as well.  
   Yes, Elder Giesick got the shoes and he's worn them a few times.  I thought they were pretty cool.  He wore them when we went to do service at the animal shelter.  It was way fun!  We only had to walk there, all of 4.4 miles, in 105 degree weather.  Then walk back.  But it was way fun.  We actually rescued a kitten the other night and brought it to the animal shelter.  She was absolutely adorable.  We found her playing with the hair of this drunk guy who was passed out behind a 7-11, so I picked her up and then she wouldn't leave us alone.  So we brought her in to the shelter and they let us name her.  So we named her Lola.  She was adorable, I have a picture of her.  I'll show you when I get home.
  As for my last monday, you can write me.  My companion is going to be here to check his email, so I'll come and say what's up.  
    We did a lot of service last week, which was cool.  We have mission conference this week, and afterwards, I'm going on an exchange in VA Beach with Elder Wiles.  I'm going to go visit Teo and Mercedes and I'm SOOOO excited!  We have district p-day today, we're making t-shirts adn playing basketball, so it should be way sweet.  We're still seeing lots of opposition, especially with teh recent converts.  One of them has completely disappeared off the map.  Won't answer the phone and we don't know where he moved to.  He just doesn't really want anything to do with the gospel.  It's really sad.  The other one at least came to church yesterday, so that was a big step.  I made a deal with him that if he's at church every sunday until I leave, I'll buy him a carne asada on my last day.  So, I have a question.  More of 2 requests.  On the way home from the airport, can we stop by In N Out?  I assume I'm going to be hungry, and that would be AWESOME!  Then, On Wednesday, the 29th, can we go to the temple?  It's been FOREVER since I've gone and I REALLY REALLY want to go.  Those are my requests. 

 It's going to be so weird being back in Galena Ward.  I'm going to be a member of Galena ward in 3 weeks.  THAT is weird!  And yes, I mailed a package home.  I sent it parcel post, so it could be there when I get there! haha  It's got my camera and some other stuff in it, some notebooks and pictures I think.  And my big winter jacket, which I DEFINITELY won't need here anymore.  It's SO hot out here already.  It's insane.  
    Well, I can't really think of much more, but I'll see you in 2 weeks anyway.
 Love ya 
     Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment