Tuesday, May 17, 2011

16 May 2011

Well hello. So this week has been insane.  Yesterday in particular.  So Erenia, the awesome lady who was supposed to get baptized.  Well, she's avoiding us.  Way sad.  But we found this guy Jose Luis Torres last saturday.  We talked to him and invited him to church and he was like "Yeah!  I'll be there!"  well, he ended up getting called into work, so he couldn't come.  So we taught him 2 times this week and he really enjoyed it.  The church that he was going to in Mexico also believes in a restauration, that God and Christ appeared to this guy, and that they restored the church through him.   Way weird, right?  But he has seen a lot of things that aren't right with that church.  So yesterday, he shows up 10 minutes early for church.  He's sitting there enjoying the prelude music.  Then in Gospel Principles, we teach priesthood organization and we did a demonstration with car keys representing priesthood keys.   He understood it really well!  He loved it!  So then in 3rd hour, we just did a question and answer session and he goes "So how are your baptisms here?"  Luckily, we have a returned missionary in class who just got home 2 weeks ago, and he was in the pilot mission that did Church tours in spanish.  So he takes them to the baptismal font and starts explaining about baptism and afterwards, Jose Luis goes "Ok, well I ask because I want to get baptized."  It was super legit!  Then he asked about marriage and we explained temple marriage, and then he asked about if the church was all over the world.  It was awesome.  
   So then, we're teaching these 2 guys that live with a member, and neither one of them knows how to read.  We  had no idea what to teach them, because everything we did, they didn't care about.  So we asked them if they wanted to learn how to read, and the one shoots up in his chair and says "I DO!!!!!!!!!!"  So we promised him that if he read the book of Mormon 10-15 minutes every day, he'd learn to read by the end of it.  it was way cool.  Then we almost got in a bash with a 10 year old (I'll have to tell you about that one later!)  Then we had a former investigator who was going to get baptized find us and tell us that she wants to start taking the lessons again and that she was testifying to her downstairs friend about us and so now her friend wants to learn also!  It was so cool!  And all of this happened yesterday! It was crazy!
    So yeah, things are going well.  Didn't get a transfer call last night, so Elder Giesick and I are staying the same.  I'm glad, I think we weork well together.  We've been trying to find new ways to find, and we're going to set up an horchata stand outside some hispanic apartments :) haha We also are thinking about going to laundromats on saturdays because that's when all the hispanics do their laundry.  
  So that's about it this week.  Oh, I also bought a new razor.  Mine had the same head and blades for like, 4 years now, and it was just hacking my face up.  So when I got to wal-mart, a nicer cordles razor was like, 8 bucks more than replacement heads, so I went for it.  But now I look more nicer as a representative of the Lord! haha
   i've had some SUPER COOL studies lately.  My studies were just kind of dying out lately, but over the past 3 or 4 days, I've had some of the best studies of my life.  I'm way excited.
   So any news about UNR?  Have they been able to get my password or anything?  President Perry said I could go online and do my class sign up if I need, I'd just need to know what website to go onto.  I think I could probably figure out my password I imagine, but I don't even know what to do to sign up for classes.  If somebody (like you :) could find out WHAT classes are needed (like, what general classes there are that I need to take and what website to go to) I could prob ably remember or figure out how to do it.  So.  That would be awesome.
    Love you all.  Take care and have a great week.
         Elder campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment