Monday, June 6, 2011

31 May 2011

So those little orange things are called chicharron(there are like, 8 different things called chicharron), it's pretty much just a fried wheat pasta kind of and they pour hot sauce on it and eat it.  They're alright, I definitely don't ever have cravings for them though.
   So the correlation for those verses.  So, when we fall into sin and iniquity, we get to the point where the spirit ceases to strive with us(or abandons us).  Christ never had the spirit abandon him in his entire life, until he was atoning for our sins.  In those moments, he had to feel what it was like to be completely alone, have the presence of his Father withdraw from him, and know how we felt when we mess up and are alone.  And he even asked "Why hast thou forsaken me?"  Just kind of cool to think about, helped me understand the atonement a little more and appreciate it.
    This last week was horrible.  Probably the worst week of my mission!  Due to my companion going to richmond, I was in Suffolk adn we had to go between Suffolk and Chesapeake all week, adn I got sick and had to stay home one day, and it was just ridiculous.  I'll tell you more about it when I get home.  
     Yeah, I'm signing up for classes today.  I've had quite the time getting ahold of the info I need to be able to do it.  Lots of "We can't give that info out over the phone" and "You need to call this place to get that."  Frustrating, but I've finally got everything.  So I'll be doing that today.  I hope it was a good letter from President.  I can't believe that tomorrow is June.  I should be getting my trunky papers thursday.  That will be a sad day.  But good news!  On the 20th, we're all going to see Mo Tab at the scope arena in Norfolk.  That should be fun!
  Umm, last tuesday was the worst storm I've ever seen in my life!  And we were in the middle of it! The tree outside of our apartment got split in half.  It was crazy!  A tornado actually touched down about 5 miles away from our apartment!  It was nuts.  But we survived, so it's alright.
  Anywho, love you all, I'm going to go sign up for classes.  Take care!
       Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment