Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hey hey hey


So this week, WOW! I went on exchanges with Elder Lusk, the bestmissionary in the mission. He's up in Newport NEws, and he usually baptizes about every other week, but usually with 2-3 people each time. SO  I got to do exchanges with him on Friday, and it blew my mind! We were teaching some investigators who weren't really progressing, and I didn't know what to do. I shared the first vision, and they said they didn't feel the holy ghost at all. THey then said it was because they were dead to the things of God. I was super
stumped. I was like, "Well ok, that sucks." But elder Lusk said "Well then the thing you need to do is get baptized, but first comes faith and repentance." That simple little phrase has completely changed my entire mission. I look at teaching an entirely different way now. It's crazy. We hadn't had a progressing investigator since I got here, but we do now, and we have 4 people we want to set for baptisms this week! It's so awesome! So that is the biggest thing I've learned so far, is to TALK about baptism with the investigators!
IT seems so simple, but so many people try to hide it until the end, and then the investigators get all freaked out and panic and drop. So yeah, that was exciting, thought I'd share that. yeah, we have a lot of investigators, but we've been cycling through them, becasue Elder Lusk was telling us "You can't be wasting
tons of time on people. Within the first few appointments, you have to decide whether they're going to get baptized, or if they're just taking time away from someone else." And it's completely true. YOu still have to be patient with them, but you can't take a TON of time with them.
The shoes are perfect now, feel WONDERFUL! And they're waterproof, which is great! No more blisters, and I loook GOOD! Also, update with Elder Romney- He came out of the coma, and he's
up and moving now, with the aid of crutches. We saw him yesterday in zone conference and he's doing great. HE has such a great attitude about what happened, becasue he said that since it happened, a lot of the  investigators have been progressing a lot more, and even a few less actives have started coming back to church. So he's got a great attitude and an even greater testimony now. I can't believe my little girls are all growing up now! Walking and talking! It's crazy! Be sure you're recording a ton of them, I want to catch up on all 2 years when I get home!
Dad- Glad to hear your talk went well. It really is amazing to think that we can have a member of the Godhead with us. I found something interesting in the introduction of the Book of Mormon not too long ago. It pretty much declares that when we receive an answer about the Book of Mormon, it comes through all three members of the Godhead. The message is so important, that all 3 of them are working together to help us know and learn about it. Isn't that amazing?
Other than that, I'm doing super down here. My toothbrush is working wonders, and i love it! So thank you again for that.
Love you all (Les quiero much)

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment