Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb. 10, 2010

Yes, I'm pretty sure I told you about the only baptism I've had. That's what I told molly about. Yeah, we're getting slammed with snow right now, but we'll see if it sticks. Just in companion study, the heavens opened and just started DUMPING snow on us! It was crazy. But it's not sticking to the roads, so that's good.


So the big news of the week is, well, there's two things. First off is, we have another baptism set! Teo Mencias. He's from Honduras and he's living with this less active member named Mercedes. So we talked about them getting married and baptized, and he agreed. So we have a wedding to plan in a week, I don't even know what to do! And then we're thinking the 21st or the 27th for his baptism! We wanted to do it the 20th, but the branch is goign to the temple, if there's even a branch left at that point! The president is sure working hard to make sure that happens bien pronto!

The next big news is! Duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh!!!!!!!!!! Transfers came in last night. Any guesses? Well, I'm staying in VA Beach. Edler Darbro is going back up to his birthplace of Henrico (North Side of Richmond) with Elder Hernandez and Elder Wheatley. The weird thing is, I'm going Sr. companion now. How scary is that? 7 months out and I'm senior? That's about the time of an english missionary! I've never heard of a spanish missionary going senior that fast, so I'm freaking out! But I'm getting Elder Zobrist. He's Elder Lusk's greenie from 2 transfers ago(Elder Lusk beign the elder that baptizes every other week), so he knows what he's doing and he has a really good work ethic, so that'll be nice. So we'll see how that goes, but I could definitely use some prayers now! The plus side is, I get to drive now! I'm so excited!? hahaha

Thank you for the oatmeal. It's pretty good, but I always forget that I have it because a bagel and smoothie has been my everyday thing for the past 3 months! So I just make the smoothie and bagel, and then I realize that I have the oatmeal!

So last Friday Elder Darbro got really sick. We ate with this less active, and he gave us this soup with meatballs in it, and the insides were completely raw. And he got really really sick. So we stayed inside all Friday and it was SO boring! Sunday, we had 7 investigators in church, but when it came time for PEC, nobody even cared. They looked at the sisters paper which had like, 6 Less actives on it and a few investigators, and everyone goes "Oh, elders, you need to get to work, look at your competition!" so I just looked at them and said calmly, "I don't care, we're all on the same team, aren't we?" and everyone goes "well, yeah, but, we were just making a joke, it's not like it matters or anything". Im way sick of the people only caring about numbers here. it's really getting old. And then the President pretty much called us liars in PEC, so I almost got in a fight with him, and the members afterwards told me they wished I would have socked him. haha, can you imagine if that woud have happened?

ALright, well, I can't think of much else to tell you. I think that's about it. If I think of anything else, I'll write it down to email you next week. HOep you're all good. Love you

- Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment