Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 13, 2010

Yes, I got the shoes. They're great. I have to break them in, I got two blisters from them on my heels, but after they're broken in, they'll be alright. They look dang good! And about the Jordans (shoes). We were helping a less active move and he pulled out this butt ugly shirt and says to Elder Darbro "Here, I'm not going to wear this." and gives it to him. Then he turns around and pulls out teh box of Jordans adn looks at me adn says "These should fit pretty well." and hands them to me. I said "Hermano, I can't take these!" and he just said "I don't want them, so take them!" so I did! haha Sweet right?


Man, the weeks are going by so fast and blurring all together. I can't remember what I told you about last week and what is new this week. We found 11 new investigators last week, but about 4 of them have skipped on their appointments and we can't get ahold of them. The other 7 we either have had only one appointment with or have not had another appointment with. This area is so big that it's impossible to see everyone everyday, let alone 2 times a week, so we're trying to keep everyone going with phone calls, but the hispanics always buy pay as you go phones, so if they run out of 'go', there's no way to get ahold of them, and we can't risk just driving to their house and have them not there for our miles limit, so it's REALLY difficult. We're trying here, but we're kind of stalling out. But a few of the gators (investigators)  are WAY sweet. This one lady Nery is from the Dominican Republic but speaks almost perfect english which is why we didn't talk to her at first, but then I heard her speak spanish and she LOVES the missionaries! She talked to them all the time down in the Dominican Republic, but never about the gospel. Interesting. Another one, Teo, is from Mexico. He's sweet. We found him living with some other investigators, and all of his questions and doubts led exactly through the first lesson. It was amazing! And when I shared the first vision, he was actually taken aback by the spirit. He was kind of scared, but we told him what it was, and he was super stoked. But he didn't show up to church on Sunday, he works a ton, and does't have a phone, entonces (I think this is like "therefore" he adds spanish words sometimes so I add the translation) its way tough to get ahold of him.

The zone leaders came down on Monday and we all went to eat at this restaurant owned by some members. It's a bar and grill, and we went in and the waitress was showing WAY too much skin in both directions, so we kept our heads buried firmly on the plates. It was way awkward. But then Elder Gleave and I went to eat with los Mendo (a church member?), and I was way stuffed, and Elder Gleaev looked like he was going to vomit, so it was awkward. Then I gave Hno. Mendo a blessing in spanish. First time ever giving a blessing, an it was in spanish. It was so nerve wracking. But then we went to this spanish tienda to find a newspaper with an article that I'm translating for you and I'm going to send it to you. I'm really mad. You'll see why. But then we went over to the Garcia's and they fed us a HUGE meal and it was crazy. SO that day was insane, I almost gave up eating food forever. But they liked what I had done with the area book so much that they asked me to give a training on Area Books at zone conference next week. SO yeah.

And with the i-phone. By the time I get done, the i-phone will be even sweeter, so that's what I'm gunning for. I'll keep praying though :) The prayers of a missionary have some extra umph behind them, ya know? hahaha

Oh yeah, the elders that got in the accident last week. Elder Romney. All of his organs that belong in his stomach got pushed up into his chest, he's still in a coma, and they're not sure if he's going to live. So if you could put him and his family on the prayer roll, that would be fantastic!

I guess that's all for this week. I always think of something to tell you right as soon as I log off, but oh well.

As always, love you, hope everything is good with you all. Miss you, but I'll see you in 17 1/2 months. Isn't that crazy!? It is for me! Man it's going fast!

Love ya,

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment