Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb. 3, 2010

Hey, so how's everyone doing? Yeah, I had a pretty sweet birthday. I got the package on Monday and then yesterday we were listening to those CD's all day. We went out to Chili's for lunch, then we went to an appointemnt in this trailer park with this guy we found last week. Turns out he gave us the wrong address and doesn't have a phone, but when we knocked on the door, this lady opened nad we talked a little bit in english, but then I started talking to her in spanish and it turns out she is from Brazil. Elder Darbro knows a few sentences in Portugues and she thought that was totally awesome, so we're going back to teach her tomorrow. It was way sweet. Then we helped this Recent Convert of 7 months translate her massive stack of papers for her divorce from her husband in Texas. She wanted to know what EVERYTHING said. It was crazy! But then we went to English class and played this hilarious game to get everyone to act out command words, then we played soccer, and the Hermanas brought Root Beer floats and had everyone sing happy birthday to me. It was hilarious. SO yeah, pretty good birthday. ANd today, we're going to Nauticus, it's this battle ship museum in Downtown Norfolk. So it should be pretty good.


I hated biking so much. I lilke just riding, but not on clunky mountain bikes in full suits with flat back tires. The back tire wouldn't hold air for anything, so it was flat most of the week until I could find some patches. We logged about 200 miles I would say, and we saw some really awesome parts of the cities. So that was sweet.
The verb book that mallory sent is good, but I bought almost the exact same one in the MTC :/ Hahaha, I was like "Awesome! Now I have two!"  I've been studying out of it everyday for spanish study! :)
SOrry, I got a ton of Birthday emails, so I don't have a ton of time to respond. But I hope everyone is having a great time and enjoying the freezing weather! THings should start looking up soon, and I've only got about 16 months left! How crazy is that! And yes, I'll probably want my Futon when I get back. And we'll see about college. I gotta keep my marriage options open, right? hahahaha anyway, I'll talk to ya'll next week. Adios mi familia

SKyler

No comments:

Post a Comment