Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb 17

So yeah, we set Teo for the 27th and he's getting married at 6:30 and then dunked at 7:00 that same night! And he wants me to dunk him. So I'm really excited and really nervous, because all the planning responsibility just fell on me with a lot of other junk and bad news at Church that I didn't think I'd have to deal with for a LONG time. But the Lord always provides the strength. I didn't think I was ready to be senior companion, I thought my spanish wasn't good enough and I didn't know how to work yet, but sure enough, the Lord has provided. My spanish has been amazing lately, I can understand even the most difficult people now. It's amazing how much the spirit blesses us when we really need it. The whole gift of the interpretation of tongues is alive and kicking in Va Beach! So Elder Zobrist is awesome. His first day here, we found 7 new investigators, and we haven't stopped. On Sunday we set another baptismal date for the 17th of April, but we'll get him sooner than that. This guy has been coming to church for the past 3 months and loves reading the book of mormon and gospel principles book and the liahona, so we finally got a date set with him, so we're way way excited. And we've got this whole thing planned, "Project Pinargote" to show the president that we're working and try to get him to help us out and help out the branch as much as possible. We realized that we're in his area, and we're supposed to serve him, so we're going to give that a shot and see how it turns out. It can't get any worse at this point, so things can only get better, right? That's what we'er hoping.


Sorry to hear about the babies, that's no fun. I'll be praying for them.

So how did Dad damage his LCL? And what is the LCL? I know it's like the ACL, but that's all. Anyway, sorry to hear about that too. So an update on soccer teams. I've apparently become an addict of the team Cruz Azul, so, yeah. Who knows. I don't even know where the addiction came from. It jsut appeared suddenly, but I swear it's not my fault. It's a disease, and I can stop when I want to. So some info on Cruz Azul would be awesome.

So how's everything else going back home? Anything exciting? I can't believe the Saints won the superbowl. That's so crazy. Since when did they get good? And I just saw this morning in the gym that the winter olympics started. THat's depressing. But luckily hispanics don't watch the olympics, so I won't hear much of that anymore! haha

So wow, I don't know much else to write about. I think that's all I've got for right now.

Don't worry about missing valentines' day, i'm a missionary, I don't have valentines. It's actually prohibited in the white handbook. No, just kidding, but I totally forgot it was valentine's day until I showed up to church and the YSA elders were all wearing pink ties and one of them said "Where is your pink for Valentine's day?" And the only thought I had was "How depressing it must be to be a YSA elder." But yeah, that's all for now. If I need anything else, I'll let you know next week, I hope.

- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment