Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 24, 2010

So how's everyone doing this week? Sounds like things are picking up a little bit. A job interview in Georgia? That would be a trip! And a forestry division job in Carlin? The armpit of AMerica? Fun fun!


So yeah, the weather has calmed down and we're just getting wind and we got pounded with rain two days ago, but other than that it's been alright. So big news.... I know we're not supposed to go for numbers and what not, but this last week was awesome. WE were working really hard, and we ended up getting 34 lessons, the highest in the zone. And we had 9 people at church. And this one Hno. gave us 5 referrals, and when we went over there, there were 3 more people in the house, so we got 8 new investigators from one lesson! Things have really been picking up. WE got 26 new investigators last week, and 13 of those were from 2 lessons, so teh blessings were really just pouring in last week, and they haven't stopped! I was starting to wonder if I'd ever see a miracle on my mission, and I've seen about 10 in the past week! So the work of the Lord is going strong down here. Just proof that he really guides us in ways that we cant imagine.Two months ago, Elder Lusk and Elder Zobrist talked to some guy up in NEwport news and sent us the referral. Elder Darbro and I taught him and he got really fluffy, so we left him and haven't been back since. WEll Elder Zobrist and I were in the area yesterday, and I just got the thought to go see him, so we go over there, but no one was hoem. We waited about 3 minutes and a van pulls up and this guy I'd never seen gets out. He looks at Elder Zobrist and says "You look like my brother. Identical. He's also a Mormon. He got baptized threee years ago in Honduras and just went to the temple in Guatemala 4 months ago." And Elder Zobrist asked "Have you seen a change in your brother since he got baptized?" and the guy just went off about how much of a better person his brother is. So he's coming to church on Sunday, and we're going to teach him. Also, the baptism of Teo got moved to Sunday, but he's still good to go and super stoked. He passed his baptismal interview, which almost didnt' go down, but I'll have to tell ;you that story some other time.
That's sweet Darren got his call! What part of Brazil? I can't believe so many people are going to be going on their missions now! IT's so crazy! Can you believe I've been out 8 months now? it's so crazy to think about! It really is going by a lot faster than I thought it would, but it's not like that's a surprise or anythign!
Thank you for the purple pens, I'm sure I'll like them. And the memory card. I need to send you mine becuase I have about 3 1/2 months worth of photos on it. And I'd freak if I lost those. SO thank you for the card. So I don't think there's much more exciting news to tell you. Other than I made Arroz con Leche the other night and it was really good. Yeah, who knew I could cook like a mexican? haha
Anyway, love ya all, but not enough to come home. only 16 months left until I get to see your mugs again! ahaha miss ya, hope you're all doing great!

-Skyler, or to everyone else, Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment