Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mar. 3, 2010

That's way cool about Calvin! It's funny how interested teenagers can be in the gospel when they don't know what they're missing! So Bro. Chatterley is not the YMs president anymore? That's interesting, who are they going to call? He was only in for like, 2 years right? That seems way short for a YM president! I can't believe that sisters have been in the ward for 6 months! That's crazy! can you believe I'm now coming up on 9 months? Ahhh, I'm freaking out! I don't know about the whurch as a whole moving missionaries into the homes of members, but it is definitely a lot more common than I thought before the mission. But just last transfer, 3 out of the 7 spanish companionships were living in their own apartments, and all of them have enough space for 2 companionships, so....


 SO big news, we married and baptized Teo on Sunday. I did the baptism and it went off without a hitch. It was great. One of the members who served in Chile lit me up about moving the baptism, but whatever. It went great and there were a TON of people there. And then on Monday, we set 2 more people for baptism, and one of them has a whole family, so we're really trying to work with him to get his whole family in on it, because that would be HUGE! And then on Monday night, we went over to Dionicio's house and talked to him and he told us he wants to move his baptismal date up, but he doesnt' know when and he wouldn't let us fix a date sooner, but he's going to call us. So that was really sweet! But things have really been going well here, me and Elder Zobrist are getting along really great and we're working hard and seeing miracles left and right! We went over to visit the Pres. last night and I straight up told him "We feel like the elders and you have been fighting for way too long. We want to change that and we need your help." And then he told us that he needed someone to translate for him at the hospital today, so we're going with him to BRT(in mission terms, that means Build a Relationship of Trust) so that we can get him working with us instead of against us, so we've got some really good things rolling now, and we're going to keep it up! So yeah, things are really going great here, thank you to everyone for your prayers and faith, it really is having an effect on the work in this part of the Lord's vineyard.

Yes, the card works fine! Thank you! I need to send my other one home. I didn't know that you had sent the other one back in the envelope for christmas, so I probably threw it out! Sorry! My bad. But yeah, I got the package and Elder Zobrist tore it open and goes "FLASH CARDS! YES!!!!!!!!!!" hahaha he was wayyyyy stoked. I let him open it up since he hasn't gotten any mail in over a month, and I let him tear into the SUPER noisy bag of Sun Chips, which we're probably not going to recycle anyway, even though that's the whole purpose! haha So maybe if you could send him a letter or something, that would be great?

But yeah, I think that's all for this letter. If there's anymore news, I'll let you know. Oh actually, this is a long shot, but the zone leaders always listen to what Elder Lusk says because he's the best missionary in the mission, but he put my name on the chopping block for Zone Leader next transfer, which would be crazy but highly unlikely, but just in case you get a call about me having a heart attack, you now know why :) haha have a wonderful week, and go save some souls!

- Love you all

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment