Monday, March 7, 2011

7 Mar 2011

Skyler James Campbell to Jeff, me


show details 10:34 AM (4 hours ago)



So we had a total miracle last week. We visited this former investigator, and we started teaching him and he wasn't really interested, but his aunt sat in on the lesson with us and we invited them to church and she said yes. So she came and then two days later we're talking with her and she goes "I loved church. I felt so good there, peaceful and tranquil. I want to go spread the gospel like you two do. I want to help people. And I decided that this is the church that I'm going to go to from now on." So we set her for baptism and she was super excited! She's the coolest! Her name is Erenia and she's from Nicaragua. Way legit. We shared Mosiah 18:7, 8 and 10 with her(I think) and said "these people had the same desires as you. You want to help people, you want to be a witness to God, and you want to be clean. Then this is the way to do it. Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the authority of God?" and she just looks at me and smiles and then says "Yes. I will." It was SOOOOOOOO sweet. She's so awesome. The whole ward already loves her. She's had a really hard life and she's just such an amazing person.

So yeah, I'm in Chesapeake stake only this time. When I was in VB, we covered VA Beach stake and Chesapeake stake, but when I got transferrred to Chesterfield to train, they threw Hna. Brewer and Hna. Pitchforth in here to open the area. And now I took it over :) And it's awesome :) My companion is sick. We teach so well together and we've got eachothers back in everything. I feel like I finally have a companion who can back me up when I'm teaching or finding. Not that my other companions weren't good, but I just feel like I can really trust Elder Allen when we're teaching. It's legit. He's from Orem, UT and goes home in 4 weeks :( I'm finally going to bury a companion... We've got 3 people with pretty solid baptismal dates and we're working with another 2 who have kind of fluffy baptismal dates. But it's aight. This last week has been insane. I've just been so unbelievably tired. I can't remember the last time that I woke up and could hardly walk because I'm so tired. I can't see straight or stand up straight. I guess that means we're working hard? We're working our tails off down here.

I wrote on a lot of those photos right? I thought almost all of them were captioned... Luckily I'll remember enough for the first few weeks that I'm home to be able to caption those that aren't. Wow, so you finally got your trunky papers? Mine luckily won't be here until about 3 weeks before I get home. Still gives me time. SO yesterday in church, they passed around a meal calendar for us. First time in my entire mission. People just love spanish missionaries. It's way funny. This one lady signed up 3 weeks in a row. She thinks we're awesome. It's way funny. THe ward takes pretty good care of us down here. It's a lot different than some of my other areas. The families here seem to actually like one another. They talk to eachother and know what's going on with everyone else. It's how a ward family SHOULD be.

Soooo, what else is there? I'm sure there's something else to tell you, but I don't remember. Doing laundry at a laundromat is actually pretty fun. 2nd time doing it since the MTC(does that even count as a laundromat?) Who knows. Umm, well, I think the GMC Terrain is cooler than the traverse. But I don't nkow how many people it seats. But it looks a lot cooler. And sounds cooler. Terrain. Say it with me. But in a manly voice.

Well, I htink that's about all I got so far. My area is awesome. The church is true. The story of David and Goliath is sweet (check out David's pump up speech to Goliath right before he sinks a rock into his forehead. 1 Samuel 17. Legit)

Love ya mucho

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment