Wednesday, March 2, 2011

28 Feb 2011

SO, my new address is
 
 
1153 Hodges Ferry Rd.
Portsmouth, VA 23701
 
Our apartment is super girly because sisters opened it up and the ward was SUPER STOKED to have them, so they really  helped them girly it up!  They left us a ton of sticky notes all over with little notes of encouragement.  It's pretty funny.  I'm with Elder Spencer Allen from  Orem, UT.  He goes home in 6 weeeks.  But we have a goal to baptize 5 people before he goes home.  We have 3 people set with baptismal dates, adn we're going to set 2 today I think.  SHould be really sweet.  I've been able to see a few of the people that I saw when I was in VA beach before.  Like my very first baptism, Jose Manuel Ruiz.  We stopped by them last night and when I walked in, he didn't really remember me, but his dad Gilasio immediately goes "Hey!  Elder Campbell!"  and then Jose comes up and goes "Is it really you?"  it was way funny.  I guess they were going a little bit less active, so we're going to help them reactivate themselves completely.  There's a little bit of drama going on between the VA Beach branch and our ward out here, because the VA beach branch used to cover both VA Beach stake and Chesapeake stake.  But since we are now open out here, the members who live in Chesapeake area are suupposed to come out here, but the branch president in VA Beach just keeps giving callings to the members here to try to keep them there.  Even after he was told by the stake president to release all Chesapeake members from their callings.  So it's kind of interesting. 
   But it's going really good here.  We're seeing some good success.  We had an investigator at church yesterday and she loved it.  We had to go into Relief Society to translate for her, because there's no sisters in the ward who can translate.  But it was funny. 
  July 10-15?  Well, I haven't really been able to make a ton of plans for after my mission, so as far as  I know, I should be able to attend.  And after I get home, you can totally all come with me to visit Virginia!  That would  be SWEET! 
  No snow here, but we've had lots of rain lately.  And wind. I forgot about the weather being right on the ocean! 
     Well, I think I'm alright for now.  I'm going to buy a new pillow today, because the ones here are junk and I can't sleep at night. 
  
Dad- How's the new job?  Anything fun or exciting?
 
 Love you all.  Have a great week.
   Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment