Tuesday, March 15, 2011

14 Mar 2011

So.  What a week.  They're just FLYING by.  I can't believe I've been here almost 3 weeks already.  It's insane.  But, we had an AWESOME church yesterday.  So we had a lesson with 2 of our investigators on Saturday night, Alma and Alberto.  We committed them to church.  He had to work, but she said yes.  Then like, 1 hour later, we get a call from her and she says "I can't go to church tomorrow.  I'm going to be too busy."  I was super fed up at that point.  Maybe it was my pride combined with the fact that the day hadn't gone well at all, but I just sat there for a few seconds and then started asking her "Do you think that God wants you to come to church tomorrow?  Do you want to feel the same peace and tranquility that you do when we're over?"  and I kind of guilt tripped her, but she said "ok, I'll be there."  And she showed up!  And we had Erenia there and then 3 less actives! and our 3 regulars!  It was the most hispanics we've ever had at our ward!  And the coolest part?  Jay E. Jensen spoke.  Don't know why.  He just decided about 3 weeks ago that he was going to come speak at our ward.  And it was sick.  He didn't really share one cohesive message, he just talked.  But it was great! 
   We're scrambling to get Erenia baptized this saturday.  She wants to get  baptized so bad, so we're trying to teach her everything before saturday, but it's really hard when she's working 15 hour days 6 days a week :(  but she's a trooper.  We've had to start teaching her over the phone on her lunch breaks.  I taught her about Joseph Smith and the first vision today.  It was way tough.  But we have faith that it's going to work.
  So my pants are finally back from missionary mall.  Not sure if I told you. My blue suit pants ripped in the crotch back in december.  So I've been down to just one suit since then.  I don't know how, but I lost my other pair of blue suit pants back in december of 09.  So I don't know how I'm managing.  
    We've been getting fed dinner about 3 times a week here, the members are awesome.  My goal is to not eat out for the rest of the month.  I have an excuse for the chili's bills :)  We went on exchanges and our district leader wanted to go to chili's and then saturday was my comp's b-day.  So.  But I bought a lot of vegetables and fruit last week, and I"m going to live the word of wisdom how it says to!  That's the goal at least.  We had a member text us on saturday at like, 8:40 in the morning and she said "going shopping soon.  what do you want?"  we thought maybe she texted it to her husband, so we were like "Sorry, this is the missionaries." and she was like "Yeah, I know.  What do you want?"  We were like "Oh no, we're good for now, but thank you."  And so she texts back and says "TP?  Laundry detergent? Paper towels? Snacks? Milk?"  so we were like "well, we would appreciate any of the following: fruitsnacks, granola bars and chips, and then laundry detergent would be awesome :)" and so she showed up at 4 in the afternoon with a box full of pretzels, chips, dip, fruitsnacks, granola bars and a big bottle of laundry detergent.  It was sweet!  Our ward is legit!  
    Man, what is going on with the world.  I heard bits and pieces about the earthquake in Japan. Something about a nuclear power plant exploding or somethign?  I don't know.
  In other news.  One of my recent converts, Jaime, flew back to Peru on Friday.  Supposedly he's coming back in like, May or something.  I had no idea he was even leaving.  I'm kind of glad he did though, because his family treated him like a slave.  They would just leave him at home all day to take care of the kids while they went out and did whatever.  So I'm glad he's back at his home and can finally enjoy life again! haha
   Well, you're all awesome.  Love you mucho.  Take care 
         Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment