Monday, November 1, 2010

25 Oct 2010

Well howdy everyone! So first off, my new address is 4839 Whetstone Rd. Richmond, VA 23234. It's in the same apartment complex as before, but it's just up the road. So, this week. WEll, I got put with Elder Flores, as I'm sure you know. He's a stud. Him and Elder Schults were working with this guy Ruben to get him baptized, so we're working on him now. he's progressing well, but he just kind of disappears and his phone gets cut off and then he never returns our phone calls. Right before I got here, he sent this txt that said (translated)- "i desire with fervor the holy spirit, given by Father God to Nephi and Lehi. Baptize me tomorrow, brother Elder. Amen" It was way weird, but he's way legit and wants to get baptized. Then we've got this other guy named Gilberto. He's a member referral, and he LOVES what we're teaching him. He didn't quite get it until we were talking one day and he brought up Malachi 3:4-5 and said that for a church to be true, it had to have been visited by Malachi, so i went over DyC 110 and then I went back with Acts I think, where it talks about baptisms for the dead. he was like "I've never even heard a church talk about that, and it's in the bible. your church does that? that's AWESOME!" Then he told us he wants to get baptized in a river when he does get baptized. So that was pretty cool.


So the weather here has been really nice. Not too cold, but not hot at all. It's great. Oh man, I totally forgot that Bishop Welton was now the bishop. that's nuts. thats way cool though.

So last tuesday, I had to take Elder Schults to the mission home on his last day. That sucked. I was crying like a little girl. it was way traumatic. Like, I'm not supposed to be there for another 8 months and it was like the 6th sense, where you can see the dead people right? Because there were like, 10 missionaries there and none of them were smiling. It was like seeing dead people walking around. Sister Perry invited us to go in, and I was like "No! I'm not going in there! Its not my time yet!" So why are you going down to California? My companion is from Anaheim. His dad is mexican, and his mom is samoan. It's an interesting combo.

oh, speaking of combos. So there was this Hna. In the mtc with me in the district above me named sister brady. She came out here 6 weeks before me and I've served with her for the last 3ish transfers. So in her final transfer, she gets zebra'd to Waynesboro with two WEIRD sister missionaries. hahahaha and we found out before she did! We were worried she was going to hang herself! But apart from that, everything is going good here.

on thursday, we were leaving from soccer and there was this lady stopped in the church parking lot, so we stopped and asked how we could help her, and we saw that a part of the wheel well had gotten really sharp and gouged her tire and taken the tread completely off down to the steel. So I started grabbing stuff out of the back of our car and changing the tire. And you want to know where I learned how to change a tire? Mutual when I was 14! I always thought I was never going to need to learn that, but look at that!? Now, she's way stoked on the missionaries and she wanted to go visit Mormon.org and learn all about us and what not. So if you could say Thanks to Bro. Feldman for organizing that activity all those years ago, i'd appreciate it. yeah, isn't it crazy that Kevin will be home in like, 4 months!? And I've only got 8! Oh my goodness, I remember like it was yesterday when I was in the beach going "Man, I've got 16 months left! HOLY COW!" Yeah, how's that for a warped perspective?



Well, my fingers are tired and feel really weird. I've been having a really hard time sitting still lately, and my hands always feel like the muscles are getting really taut. I don't know, it's weird.

Anyway, love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment