Monday, November 1, 2010

1 Nov 2010

Soooo, I think the coolest thing this week was when we sat down on Tuesday with Gilberto. We had left him Alma 32 to read, and so we sit down and I go "So how did the reading go?" and he just looked at me and there was something different in his eyes, like, he just looked like a different person right then. SO he looks at me and he goes "It went really well. It teaches exactly what faith is. Faith is something that you can't see, but you can feel, and you know its right." So then I asked him "So what do you feel about the gospel that we've been teaching you? Do you feel that it's right?" And he goes "well, I want to get baptized. I just know that this is the way that God wants me to follow." We were like "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It was amazing! He just had the conversion in his eyes, and he was explaining to us about how it makes sense that Joseph Smith restored the gospel and everything. It was great. And he wants to get baptized in a river, so we asked Pres. Perry if it's ok, he's still waiting to get back to us.


So yesterday at church, in PEC we were talking about these 3 primary kids that are getting baptized next saturday, all three of them 8 yrs old. One of the kid's dad is not a member, so they were talking about who was going to baptize her and then they go "well, we're going to have to ask her mom who she wants." So I'm walking through the hall after church and the girls mom comes up to me and says "I want you to baptize my daughter." I like, didn't know what to say at first, but then I was just like "Yeah, of course! I'd be happy to!" I mean, I have never said more than "Hola, como esta?" to this sister, so I don't know why she wants me to baptize her daughter, but I'm really excited.

Then we've got Ruben getting baptized this Sunday, so that's exciting. He passes his baptismal interview with flying colors. So things are going good here.

Yeah, I got the letters and I got the package. My new companion is SWEET, he's from Anaheim. We get along really well and we work well together. And one of the best parts- he LOVES the lakers like I LOVE the lakers! So we always end up talking about the lakers like, every day. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings (as I'm sure you saw) and we were just surrounded by TVs with ESPN, so we were both just flooded with updates and it was crazy! Lebron looks weird in a Heat Jersey!

We've found some good people to teach, but we've lost contact with a lot of the ones we were teaching just a little bit ago, so we're working on getting back in contact with them. But things are going good here. I'm rolling around in a 2010 Subaru Impreza AWD. It's way nice. Tiptronic transmission, MP3/CD deck. Handles like a rally car. Lets just say I'm in love on my mission. Shhhh, don't tell Pres. Chalice (Spelling?)!!! My apartment is nice, it's 3 stories. One of the english elders we live with is a CLEAN FREAK! Before we even have the chance to clean up our kitchen stuff, he's already in there scrubbing and sweeping, it's way weird.

The other english elder we live with got a $100 bill in the mail, and he said "I want to go party it up with this thing. Lets all go to lunch, I'm buying!" So we're going to Chilis today. We're also going on exchanges with our english district leader, so Elder Flores and I are pretty much going to be flying solo today, because the english elders didn't even take high school spanish.

Umm, in other news, we were the judges for the chili cook off at the harvest party. Hispanics don't make very good chili.

?Que Mas Hay? Umm, I think that's about it. I hope everything is going well back home and that you're all in good hands. Tell Gma and Gpa squared that I love them all and miss them. Take care y vayan con Dios

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment