Monday, November 15, 2010

8 November 2010

So yeah, Ruben got baptized last night and I confirmed him. it was a way good baptism. Everything went well, but there weren't a ton of people there. I also baptized Synthia Luna on Saturday and then yesterday I also confirmed her. And the coolest part of that? We had Elder Gerard of the 70 and also russell Osgulthorpe, the geeral President of the Sunday School, in our sacrament meeting, so they both sat in on the confirmation and it was AWESOME! I sat down and was just like "Woah, that spirit was incredible!" So it was pretty sweet.


Umm, we had some bad news about Gilberto. he hasn't come to church for the past 2 weeks, and he hadn't been as excited this week about learning or anything, but he wouldn't tell us what was wrong and we couldn't figure it out, and we talked to his fellowshipper yesterday and he said that Gilberto told him he didn't want to get baptized anymroe. But we'll get him back. he's not too far gone to the point where he's gone forever, we justneed to get him stoked again. But if you could throw in some prayers for him that would be well appreciated. I guess the whold Chesterfield zone saw a lot of opposition this past week, lots of people dropping baptismal dates and the missionaries have seen a lot of opposition in the work this week. But I know why. At our zone meeting, we talked about how many baptisms we could acheive this month, and the zone total was at 47. We were all way fired up and ready to go work, and Satan knew we were going to get a ton in the fonts, so he really stepped up his game. like, 8 missionaries went home last week for a variety of reasons. So the adversary is really trying out here in Virginia, but it doesn't matter.

If you could send me one scarf and honestly, maybe my temple pants because I don't have white pants for baptisms. I don't know what size my temple pants are, hopefully they're like, 38, because I could barely squeeze into Elder Flores' 36 on Saturday. But those 2 things would be good, and I think I've got the rest covered. There's a blanket that I've been using, it's pretty small, but I sleep right next to the heater and i think my body temperature has been increasing even more lately, because the house is at like, 65 degrees and I'm still sweating. It's ridiculous. So I don't know. I've still got 2 pairs of thermals here, so I think I'm covered.

Get that woman baptized! She just said the key words! Get her in the water!

Well I think that's all the cool news for this week. Hope you're all doing well and that you have a great week. Love you mucho grande

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment