Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 9, 2010

Haha, it seems that we're both just getting shorter and shorter on the letters :) NOt much this week. Jaime got baptized on THursday and it went REALLLY well. He was super excited and the spirit was just amazing. His son Carlos got to baptize him, so that was also a really really good experience. And Carlos and Shannon just got baptized about 2 months ago, so they won't have to wait long to be able to go through the temple with him. Ins't that great!? I was just thinking on that the other day. I had a part in helping a child of God open the doors to the celestial kingdom. Now he's in New Jersey and he wants to get his daughter baptized. Then it will just keep moving on through the entire family. It's the same with Teo. We sent a referral of his daughter to the missionaries down in Honduras. Isn't it amazing how the Lord works through people to spread the Gospel? I was just thinking of the very few things that I do and how big of an impact it has on the lives of the rest of the people. Alma 37:7 By small and simple means does the Lord bring to pass his great and eternal designs. Or something like that. But you get the point!? So now the grandson of Jaime refuses to go to church unless he has his "future missionary" nametag on. It's hilarious. And sorry I didn't get the pictures of Fernando and Grizselda sent off last week. I'll try to get some sent off soon, but it might be until next week, but I'll definitely send some photos. Grizselda gave us a call yesterday when we were at mission conference, so we put Hna. Law on the phone and it was so sweet to see her face light up talking to Grizselda. This really is just the best work on the planet. Nothing else can make anyone as happy as this.


So transfers are looming and we still don't know what's going on. I think I'm going, but who knows. One of the members here predited that I was going to be in the beach for 1 year. It's completely possible. Elder Wheatley has been in Henrico since October 8th of 09, so who knows. He gave a really powerful testimony yesterday at mission conference and it was amazing to see how he's changed since the MTC, more so in just the past 3 months since he "got the call to mature" as he put it. He used to look like a little 14 year old, but he actually looks like a missionary now. It's incredible. I was just wondering how I'm changing and what the Lord thinks of the progress I've made. It's really humbling to think about that. Is the Lord happy with where I'm at? How much more does He expect of me and what is he planning to throw at me to push me in the direction that I need to be? I think so far the mission has been a great experience and I've still got a ways to go. But yesterday at Mission conference, I got really humbled and saw my defects and what I need to do, and I think I've got a pretty good idea now. But don't be surprised if you don't recognize me when I get home :) haha

Alright, well I think that's all for this week. Hope everything goes good for you all this week. Love you all and I'll see you in 54 weeks! hahahaha

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment