Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

I think Henrico and Richmond both work for my address, because I've gotten everything you've sent me so far, so it's all good. We're technically outside of Richmond city limits, but I've gotten things with richmond on them, so they both work :)


Yeah, the weather has been BRUTAL here this past week. in the 100's with TONS of humidity. It's really bad. ANd elder nelson and I have to find all new investigators because the one's that Elder Wheatley and Dulanto left us don't answer the phone or the door, so we're pretty much only sitting on 3 investigators, and we're lucky if we can visit them more than once a week. SO we're outside tracting all day in the scorching heat, but it's ok, my wife will just be hotter when I get back :) hahaha

Well, I think it's safe to say that being an idiot can now be classified as a hereditary gene. Seems to run well with some people :)

I didn't know that Uncle Steven made fudge. Since when does he do that?

I told Jim and Paul and all them like, 4 months ago that I'd try to write them all like, once a month, and I havent' since then. I just hate writing letters so much. it takes so long. But I'll drop them a line today. See what's going on. That's a bummer with Grandpa. DO they think he's going to be able to get it back?

SO yesterday Pres. Perry officially took over in the VRM. Pres. Millburn bounced and a new reign has started. Nothing has changed yet, but we have mission conference in 2 days, so I'll get to meet him then. It should be pretty cool.

I've been hearing a ton about the world cup lately. We stopped by to visit this less active on Monday and we were about to leave and he goes "Hey, do you want a drink?" So we said sure and he tells us to sit down so we do, then as we stand to get going he says "Hey, sit down and watch the game." He turns the game on and it's Brazil versus Chile. Right then, this other less active from Brazil walks in for the game, and we figured "Well, these two are impossible to get ahold of, and we've got them both right here. Let's teach em!" So we ended up watching about 12 minutes of the game. We had a few members absent from church because of the Mexico/Argentina game. Mexico got wiped off the map!!!

But other than that, there's not much exciting going on. Just talking to a ton of people and tryingn to spread the gospel. In the past week, I've met 2 egyptians, 1 afghanny(I don't know how to spell in english now), a few pakistanis and a few indians(like, curry and stuff) oh, and our ward mission leaders son was living in New York and knows Elder Davis, he has a picture with him. Thought that was sweet.

Anyway, hope everything is going well with you all. You're always in my prayers. If you need anything, write it down and I'll try to take care of it in 1 year! haha

Love you all

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment