Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010

SO yeah, Henrico is sweet. It's wayyyyyy different than Virginia Beach. The biggest problem with getting shotgunned is that neither one of you knows the area, so we get lost quite a bit, even with my gps, but we're getting to know the area. The branch is sweet, they really want to work and help with missionary work, so I'm really excited about that. It's definitely interesting being with Elder Nelson again, but I like to think my 7 1/2 months in the beach was preparing me for this, so I'm pretty optimistic :) It's weird living with English elders again. all that time in the beach and I got used to just living 2 to an apartment and being able to spread out wherever, but not anymore :) One of them I live with is kind of a weirdy, but I'm also back with Elder Gomez, the english elder I lived with in Charlottesville. It's way weird!


SO yeah, there are lots of hispanics here. The only problem is that the Hermanas here are REALLY good, so we've already knocked into like, 4 of their investigators hahaha but that's ok. They're killing it up here.

I haven't gotten the CDs yet, I'll pick them up from the office today. Thank you so much! I don't know what things your talking about from Dad, so I'm going to say no....

So what was Dad doing to cut his fingers? I learned in the MTC the week before I left, "Do you want the spirit to be with you? Then don't do anything stupid!" That phrase was running through my head the entire time yesterday when ELder Nelson and I were at Buffalo Wild Wings to do the blazin' challenge. Before you start, y ou have to sign a waver that says "If you die, we're not responsible". I was thinking "What would PRes. Millburn think?" SO the challenge is 12 wings in 6 minutes, and they're really hot. They're REALLY spicy, but they also are hot physically, and that was the worst part. I think I ended up swalling about 2 whole wings because I only had like, 6 seconds left or something. SO I won and I got the T-Shirt. It was brutal. My lips were purple for like, 3 hours after that. Elder Nelson didn't get it and he was really mad yesterday. But it's ok.

So yeah, 1 year. Isn't that crazy. I still remember like it was yesterday going to Swensens and then driving to the airport. It seems like just last month that I was in the MTC and you think "Man, we're here forever, we're NEVER actually going to get to the mission field!" It's really trippy. But I've had lots of fun so far.

Man, when I heard dad applied for a job in Charlottesville, the first thing I thought was "Oh man, I gotta tell Pres. He can't transfer me up to Harrisonbburg!" But everything is all safe. Sorry I gotta go, I gotta email Jaime and Fernando still and President. But thank you for everything. I love you all and miss you(a little bit) and I'll talk to you next week!

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment