Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Skyler's first week in the MTC

It was touch and go there during this first week of Skyler being gone (at least for me!) We got a quick note from Skyler a couple days after he got there asking for prayers as he was a bit overwhelmed. Since then, we've gotten a letter, I got an email, and another quick note. In each one he has asked for prayers, so please feel free to add yours. Here are some new pictures and some excerpts from the most recent email.

Things are going pretty well here. My companions name is Elder Ammon Washburn. My other room comps are Elders Mathew Wheatley from Heber City and Tyler Henderson from Pocatello. I have a really great district with people from I've been getting lots of letters! Mail is the best time of day, but my District Leader Elder Lewis doesn't always pick it up! I felt bad a few Elders in our district hadn't gotten any letters until yesterday! They were all super jealous of me! haha Unfortunately we're only allowed to read our letters outside of class time, so that basically means when we're doing laundry or before we go to sleep! all over! We're District 38 G by the way. My two spanish teachers, Hermano Del Toro and Hermano Ortiz are native speakers! Hmno. Del Toro dated Eloisa Martinez from Reno! How weird is that? The food here is alright. Nowhere near as good as yours! I'm trying to eat well so I dont' gain a ton of weight! haha it's hard though! Learning the Gospel in Spanish takes a lot of energy! It's really hard so I could use some prayers! Luckily I have a great district to support me and help me! So we're speaking Spanish pretty well now! We always pray and sing in Spanish and we bear our testimonies in spanish! hopefully you got the memory card I sent home in the mail! We've gotten way better since then! Elder Holland spoke in a fireside on Friday. Elders Christofferson, Scott, Perry, Bednar, Oakes and Andersen and Cook were all there too! My whole district sang in the choir! It was awesome! We had the whole 1st Presidency here the other day too! How cool is that?

Love from your favorite Elder
Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment