Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009

Well, no pictures again this week, but maybe next week! Here's the latest letter.

Ok, so two stories this week, and the keyboard works this time, so I can use the proper punctuation for excitement! Elder Washburn and I taught the first lesson in spanish on saturday. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to say or how to say it. Elder Washburn was just talking and kept saying stuff and then paused and looked at me. Im thinking "Oh crap, what do i say and how do I say it?" and all of a sudden, just all this Spanish just started pouring out of my mouth and I had no idea what I was saying or how I was saying it! But the person we were teaching apparently understood it all because they were nodding and responding and I just ended up talking for about 4 minutes. Afterwards, Elder Washburn goes "Wow, that was really good, how did you know how to say all that?" and I had no idea! I didn't even remember what I had said! Total gift of tongues moment and it was amazing! 2nd story- Yesterday in the RC, (referral center) I got a chat from a 16 year old girl who wanted to know what we had to do to be saved. I thought that was really awesome. We get talking and she says "i had the missionaries over before, but my parents wouldn't let me get baptized and said the missionaries couldn't come over anymore! It was really sad! So we got to talking and she just all of a sudden says "can you tell me about the temple?" so I started talking to her about the temple and stuff, and we ended up talking about priesthood authority and about her being baptized before and she says "so mine really didn't count. that makes sense." and I'm freaking out because she would be a perfect member but shes only 16 and cant get baptized or have the missionaries over without her parents permission, but I asked if we could chat again and she said she'd love to so I have an appt. with her on Sunday to keep chatting about the temple and stuff! How awesome is that? I'm super super excited!
Mom, congrats on the new phone! hope you like it! I heard you saw the Christensens at the phone store. Hows work going? Do they have you in a new calling at church yet?
Dad- Sounds like you're having a blast with the Spanish branch! Glad to hear you've gotten some hiking in lately! Thanks for the TdF results, I was going crazy! So Elder Washburn and I have started to lift weights every other day, so I'm going to look like Capt. Moroni by the time I leave here! He's off the crutches now but still cant play basketball yet. So yeah we started speaking nothing but spanish in class on monday. Its weird, its gotten to the point where it actually feels kind of un-natural to speak in english! i was talking with Hna. Finnell the other day and I couldn't stop talking in spanish! I was trying to say things in English, but they weren't coming out! It was only spanish! It was really weird! Oh, so Amanda Miller says Hi and that she's going to write you a letter about all the dirt on me... haha We took our handshake picture on Sunday, but it just ended up being really awkward. Elder Petaia and I were on a split, so he was going to take the picture on his camera cause i didn't have mine, and his camera wasn't working so we just ended up holding hands for like 7 seconds and it was really awkward. So when we were finally sure that his camera would work, we shook hands for like 2 seconds and then walked off. It was hilarious!
So its my last week as District Leader(finally!!!!). My bet is on Elder Petaia for next DL. When that kid talks, the whole room just shuts up and listens and it's like he commands the spirit! It's incredible! And he's one of the funniest kids i've ever met! So that's way cool about Alex Beckman going to Richmond too! There is a possibility that I could serve with him if I get transferred to an english speaking area! It happens! Hopefully I don't gain too much weight from all the Mexican food though! Jayci Taylor said she gained 15 pounds from all the food! I'm crossin my fingers! So I still have one bag of Sour Patch Kids, I'm holdin on to that to celebrate with! We're also letting Elder Wheatley's Martinellis "AGE" until our final night here so we can celebrate when we leave! So remember when I told you about Elder Ninja? Well apparently his name is Elder White. He left last week and guess where he's serving? Las Vegas WEST!!!! He might serve in Reno! How crazy is that? You'll have to look out for him! Tell him I say hi, even though I don't think he would know who I am! ahahaha We should be getting flight plans next wekk, so that's exciting! Can't wait to call you guys from the airport. I'll let you know when I'll be there to call you! Hopefully you'll all be able to be home! Ok well times up, so I'll email you all next week! Love you all way more than you know! Miss you. - Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment