Thursday, June 25, 2009

Skyler leaves for the MTC











The Lord knows us all! He knew to only send me one son, because there is no way I could do this again!! Today was the day we took Skyler to the airport and put him on a flight to Utah where his Cousin, Cole Bell, picked him up and delivered him to his Aunt Debbie who took him to the MTC in Provo. I promised Skyler that I wouldn't cry until he was gone, and I kept my word, but let me just tell you, it was sooooo hard! He was so brave and looked so handsome and grown up. Of course, the Coopers (Janet, Matthew, Sarah and Kristen) got up at that awful hour and were at the airport to say goodbye. That was so nice! When we got home from the airport, I cried myself to sleep, then got a bag packed and drove 11 hrs to my sister, Teresa's, home in So. California. Being home where I knew he wasn't was just too hard! I feel like a third of me is missing and it hurts. Kudos to all you missionary moms who've done this before. What a hard thing this is! But, we're so proud of Skyler and are excited for him! Here are the pictures.




2 comments:

  1. I wish I could lose my son to a mission instead of what I am loosing him to...count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete