Thursday, July 9, 2009

Skylers latest letter

So i'm down in the bomb shelter doin laundry right now! So wow this week has been intense! We've learned more spanish in the past two weeks than I learned in all my time in Spanish at school! It'scrazy! We're holding entire conversations in spanish already! how cool is that?
So it's awesome not being the new missionaries anymore! We've seen 2 new groups of missionaries get here now and it feels good to not have to walk around with an orange dot on your nametag for a day! Even though I just moved mine to the back of my name tag, just for the memories :) Last weeks arrivals are probably the weirdest missionaries yet. We have one kid on our floor who wears his karate outfit every night and just the top part of the outfit on p-day and to gym. Of course he also wears pants but it's weird... He does flying jump kicks past the open doors at night before we go to bed. I"m not even joking about it. Not many people know his name, so we call him Elder Ninja. We were allowed to watch the fireworks here, but me and Elder Wheatley went on companion exchanges and went back to our room to work out. I heard they weren't that good anyway. We had this weird video to watch before the fireworks where they had a bunch of people dress up as reformers and founding fathers. We couldn't hear a single word that Ben Franklin said because everyone was laughing at his hair the entire time!
Oh, funny story, I was talking with an Hermana in my zone today (yes, I am allowed to talk to them, it just so happens to be that she is really cute haha) and I asked where she was from. She says Dallas and I was like oh thats cool. Then she says "More specifically FlowerMound" and I was like "NO WAY! Do you know the Asays?" Turns out she does! What a weird world right? I also ran into I think Allison Martin is her name, married to Tim Martin? Well I met her little brother in line for a devotional! Weird huh?
We had a devotional from Angel Abrea of the 70 last night! It was way cool. He talked about little miracles in our lives that we take for granted and having faith before even receiving miracles, which definitely seemed like something I needed to hear! My companions retainer fell on me last night. It was gross. But he's mostly stopped YELLING in his sleep. Now he just talks anxiously, but its in spanish so it's ok! haha
Ok my 30 minutes is almost up. If you guys could send your letters in dearelder it would save me some email time to write more, so I'd appreciate that. Hope everything is going well. I love you all! I'll talk to you next week!
- Elder Skyler Campbell (how weird does that still seem? I can't get over it! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment