Monday, January 24, 2011

24 Jan 2011

So I got my quad.  Thank you so much.  I almost haven't put it down since I got it.  It's so cool to be able to flip through page after page and just learn what God wants and has for us.  I made a sweet box for it out of a priority mail box, so now it looks  real nice too :) haha
   Soooo, tomorrow I'm going to richmond for 4 days for leadership training.  It's pretty much 4 straight days where all the district leaders, zone leaders, trainers, and a few others who Pres. Perry invites all get together and listen to him and the APs train and teach us on what we're not doing right and what we need to do better.  It involves a lot of roleplays and stretch breaks, cause we're sitting in the chapel from 10 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon.  So it should be way fun.  My companion isn't exactly happy because he has to stay with Elder Beckman for the 4 days, and Elder Beckman has a reputation in the mission for being the ultimate 1 up-er.  And it's true.  But I told him "it'll be fun if you make it that way."  
    So we had a miracle find on Sunday night.  All our plans had fallen through and we were like "What do we need to do!?"  And then I thought about this guy that Elder Agustin and I found back in the first week of december who we never talked to again.  So we drive over there and knock on his door and he's like "oh hey, come on in."  So we sat down with him and talked for like an hour, and then he goes  "So my wife and I have always wondered.   What happens to us after we die?"  He said that they'll lay there at night and she'll ask him what's after this life.  So we set up another appointment.  Well, we taught him first and then we set up another appointment.  It was SWEET!  We're struggling sooo much with new investigators.  We can't find ANY!  And when we do, they never keep their return appointment.
  In other news, actually thats all the news.  Umm, don't really know what else to tell you.  Same old same old.  The district is doing good.  The hermanas were supposed to have a baptism yesterday but the guy just didn't show up.  But he called them yesterday and said "I stilll want to get baptized."  So we have hope.  THey're so legit.
   Well, I hope you're all great and have a wonderful week.  May all your wishes come true.

  PS- I just gained a testimony of the Law of Chastity this week.  Pretty sweet.  I'll tell you the story if you want.
      Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment