Thursday, January 20, 2011

18 Jan 2011

Hello everybody.  How are you all this week?
 
   So, this week has been... good?  I guess.  It hasn't been bad by any means.  Just, good.  We're still struggling with investigators, but we've seen a little bit of success in the member referrals department.  My district is doing great, not thanks to me, but because they're all just such great missionaries.  Our car is filthy, not thanks to me.  The elder who had it before me was in that car for 11 months, and he wasn't the cleanest of elders.  THere are stains all over the seat and floors, so it's pretty gross. 
   Good news, we have 5 people again in the apartment.  It's much more of a party when it's 5.  And the greenie that the zone leaders are step training is actually on his way to Brazil.  He's waiting for his visa, so he's just stopped off in Virginia in the meantime.  So I've learned a little bit of portugese from him.  Just a little bit though.  In other good news, Elder Wiles and I found 2 lunchboxes and 4 ice packs in teh apartment, so we're going to start bringing dinner along with us, because I've gotta start losing weight or I'm hosed!  Lets just say it's not so good...
  Mallory-  It's funny you share that story of Michael with me.  We've been studying light a lot lately and how other people can notice it, and I was just telling my mission president about how i Didn't quite understand light, and then I read that email from you.  That's why the other people came to him.  Because he has light and they noticed it.  By living the gospel and being obedient, we gain more light, and other people notice it.  that's what they notice in him.  I just thought that was pretty cool.
   So we played basketball for 3 hours yesterday, and 4 of the missionaries there had played ball in college.  So it was way intense.  Don't worry, I didnt' get hurt.  But I definitely haven't played that hard in my entire mission.  It was wayyyyyyy fun though.  We have district meeting tomorrow, so that should be exciting.  I love district meetings.  The spirit is always so strong there.
   Ok, so I found a scripture that I think applies to all of us.
  2 Corinthians 9:6
    Read it.  Study it. Pray about it.  Apply it.
  Sound good?  Good.
    Well, I love you all, hope you have a great week 
       Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment