Monday, December 13, 2010

13 Dec 2010

First off, no. People hardly feed us here anymore. And the problem is that our apartment is on the complete opposite side of town than the one we work in. So once we leave during the day, we don't come back to the apartment. We usually do breakfast and lunch at home, and then if we're lucky we'll have a dinner appointment. But we have only had one dinner appointment since we got here. Since we're in a spanish group, we don't get set up with appointments with the english members, and the hispanic members never feed us anymore either. So it's kind of tough. But we're making do. Loading up at lunch and then trying to keep it small at dinner. And I don't know what it is, I think it's because I've started lifting weights a lot in the morning, but at like, 3 oclock, I get WAY hungry! It's crazy. Like, I haven't felt like that since I hit puberty. It sucks.


That's way sweet about the boston story. Sounds like God has a plan in mind. He always does. Speaking of plans, the sisters in Waynesboro had a way sweet story this week. They've got this 17 year old named Cesar set for baptism. He lives with a recent convert up there. So he's having a way tough time because his family is NOT supportive. Then they found this guy last week named Eleazar and he's WAY solid. He absolutely LOVES what they're teaching him. SO they were talking with Cesar yesterday, and it turns out that Eleazar is the brother of Cesar's Mom's boyfriend. How crazy is that? They're like, surrounding the whole family with mormons! That whole family is going to get baptized! hahaha

So tomorrow I go on exchanges with the Zone leaders. They're having me work their area because I'm afraid of doing English work. I get way panicky when I talk to english people. I don't know if I told you about last week when I went with two of them to go find this less active recent convert. Turns out she works in a gynecologist office. So we just charge right into the office and the secretary goes "She'll be right out to see you. You can take a seat." SO we sit down in this gyno office for like, 15 minutes, and all these women are looking at us like "What are you doing here?" And I'm thinking "The gross thing is, I know EXACTLY what you're all doing here!" It was super awkward!

So we've visited a few people who I was teaching when I was here, Elder Agustin knows all of them. They all remember me, but the majority of them aren't interested. Kinda sad, but they weren't really that solid when I was here before, so. No biggie. I've had a few members come up to me and say "Elder Campbell, welcome back!" before they even announced that I h ad returned. SO that was pretty cool.

And speaking of losing suit jackets. I lost one of the pairs of pants to my blue suit. I actually lost that pair about a year ago. Not sure if I told you. And I'm going to need to use the warranty on my suit, because I ripped one of the pairs of pants. Right in the crotch. Don't know how. But it's way embarrassing. So if you could let me know what I need to do to get those sent back in and a new pair sent out, I'd love it.

Well, I think that's all I got for this week. Hope you're loving life. I sure am.

Talk to you all in like, 2 weeks or something. I hope I remember our phone number...

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment