Monday, August 23, 2010

23 Aug 2010

How's everyone doing!? Well, this week has been kind of tough. We've been finding a ton of poeple, but it seems that they all drop us after 1 appointment. Like, we have a good appointment, and then we just can never ever get ahold of them anymore. And then we teach some people and then all of a sudden, they turn super stubborn and hard of heart and don't want to listen anymore. It sucks, but we keep on working and trying.


SO about the bible. I appreciate it. But is there any way that I could get the medium hard cover one. Not the soft one, but not the hard one? Both the hard and soft cover weigh a TON and I already have a cover that would fit the medium one. SOrry to be picky. Also, I just realized that I'm down to 7 pairs of garments. I don't nkow where they all went. I was just looking through my bags the other day, and I only have 7 pairs of garments. It sucks. And 2 of them are rippping. (That means he's working hard!) So maybe a few pairs of garments? SOrry for the needs. And whatever happened to the Book of Mormon? Did it ever get to Virginia Beach or is it still backordered? Just wondering, I was thinking the other day that I never heard anything about it.

So, where to start. Well, we got to use a member's computer last night to go on and surf the new mormon.org and it is SWEET! Our president has been talking about it nonstop how it's going to become the greatest finding tool in all the church for missionary work and I can totally see that. It's not going to be huge for spanish work, but for english work or people that actually have computers, it will be SWEET! We watched some videos and read some stuff. It's way cool. A lot cooler than when I got out of th e MTC.

Soo, man, I don't even remember this week. I went on exchanges back up to Henrico and I had to go on an exchange on my exchange. SO that was weird. But we taught this CRAZY lady who just can't get over the law in Arizona, and we're still seeing a ton of repercussions from that. Me being white, people just LOVE to talk about all the "racismo" and stuff going on here. It's just hilarious, but it gives me an opportunity to practice my patience :)

Man, I don't remember if there's anything to tell you or not. Like, I really can't remember. I've been jump-roping for my morning exercise, but still waiting to see any results in weight-loss, due to the fact that the slim fast diet was a complete failure! haha I just hate having something tell me I can't eat! I can too!

I'm also pretty sure that I met the twin of Oscar from the office. maybe just a little blacker. He was way sweet and I taught him a mini first lesson and asked if he thought that could be true and he goes "yeah, I think, based on my readings of the bible, that that is pretty much how God would do it." So I asked if we could come back and he goes "Maybe in the future, I'm just reading generally right now, trying to study up on a few religions". So you know what I did? I gave him a mormon.org card. BAM! Insta-baptism! Well, we'll see. But what else, umm, I hit 14 months in 2 days. Weird, right? This last month has gone by kind of slow. They were flying by, and they've kind of slowed down. But after this next transfer, only 1 more elder in the spanish zone is older than me on the mission, so taht will be way weird.

So do you remember when you asked me what college I was going to? Well, could you send me a pamphlet on BYU or something? I also heard that Fresno and UNR and Boise jumped ships to Mountain West. That's cool! And Utah went Pac 10 or something? What is the world coming to!? Well, I don't know if there's anything else exciting to tell you today. I think that's about all the news I got.

Anyway, I love you all. Have a good week. Take care.

Elder Cmapbell
(Must be the modern spelling of our name, huh?)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Campbell Family!
    Just happened to come across Skylar's Mission Blog that I found by accident. I'm so glad I did! How are you all doing?!? It's been a long time! We moved to Oklahoma but miss Reno/Tahoe a lot. Would love an update on everyone! Take care & hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete