Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 17, 2010

Wow, that sounds like the poor little kitty had quite the adventure. As for the pictures, I figured that was going to happen. I tried to get a few of them printed at Wal-Mart, but the same thing happened. That really sucks, because that was about 200 pictures on there :( I think it's the camera, because it was a re-furb camera, so I think there might be something wrong with it. Who knows.


 I'm serving with the two greatest sisters in the world here in VA Beach. Hna. Barney and Hna. Law are freaking awesome, and it must be a utah thing to say "Love your guts" because Hna. Barney always says that. I don't get it. And yeah the Wanlass' hooked it up with another package. They sure know how to feed my addiction to sour patch kids! hahaha Of course I'll send them a thank you card.

Haven't had any baptisms since the 28th with Teo, but we're really trying with Dionisio. He's doing a lot better, and we thought we were going to get him baptized this saturday, but he had some problems with his baptismal interview. The biggest thing is Palabra de Sabaduria. He's having a REALLY tough time quitting smoking. Please keep him in your prayers and if you could even put his name on the prayer roll that would be great. He really wants to get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost, but he's been smoking for 40+ years and just after the first day of not smoking he was almost at a breakdown point, so he's really fighting here.

Jenry is doing great. He found work, but it's work thats usually not on Sunday, so that's really good news! he loves church and he is just super awesome. We also had a FHE with the Garcia family (family near the end of the pictures on my card with us and the sisters) and Mauro Rivera. His family was going to come, but they weren't feeling good. But we watched Together Forever and he ate it up! He said "This is waht my family needs" so we're super stoked on him.

Speaking of pictures, could you possibly hook me up with a picture of downtown Reno? I'm really getting sick of all the green here, I just need to see some desert landscape por fin. That would be awesome.

Oh the spanish is coming along GREAT! The cards are good, but they're really basic words that I already know about 65% or more of, so I bought this giant 30000 word vocab book which is pretty good. But the spanish is real good. I got to translate stake conference for 2 hours on friday and I LOVED IT! It was so awesome! I hadn't been worked like that in forever! And everyone said I did a really good job and it pretty much all made sense, so that was really exciting. Yeah, Elder Zobrist and I get along pretty well still. Nothing bad enough to complain about :) Things with Pres. Pinargote have started to look up a little bit, but it's still a trial. PEC is more like "Judge Pinargote says what you can and can't do" but we're trying to get the script changed to "Judge Pinargote listens and helps us move the branch forward". It's a work in progress, but the new writers this season are supposed to be most excellent from what I hear :) hahaha

man, I can't believe Curtis is going to Spain! What part again? And Danny Hubert going to Bulgaria!? Interesting. And by the way, when IS mother's day? I dont' even know, I'm so lost as to the whole order of holidays and what day they're actually on. It's weird. But yeah, love you all. Hope you're doing great. I'll be sending home a package soon, so you have something to look forward to. Talk to you next week on my 9 month anniversary! Can you believe it? 9 months? Only 15 left, that's almost 1 year! Oh my gosh, it's going by so fast! Where does all the time go? One day I'll be back home and I'll be like "ummmm. Wut?" Man, it's crazy!

Love you all

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment