Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010

Yes, Elder Zobrist got his pack of letters and I wish you could have seen his face light up when I handed him this giant yellow envelope with his name on it! He was SOOO excited, he ran inside and tore it open and was so excited about it. Thanks a ton for hooking it up. As for Matt Simpson, I don't know if I know him. Should it ring a bell?


I think every missionary gets really attached to their first area, especially when they spend so long in it. I can only imagine how it would be to spend the first 1/3rd of my mission in charlottesville and then have to leave! It sucked leaving Charlottesville after just 3 months! But it's ok, the work goes on!

Speaking of work, that's great to hear about the job interview on Dad's part. Glad Mike O could put a few of his skills to use! That's awesome! Sorry to hear about Juliann and Mike (editors note: job issues, not personal)  That's pretty rough. But man, the Lord sure is giving them plenty of opportunities to stay strong and faithful! I know it's easy to say that when it's not happening to you, but everything will be alright. I wish we had 15 year old's coming to church altogether. We have almost NO youth in the branch, so it's really tough on a few of the kids in high school. Their parents don't speak english at all, so it's impossible for them to transfer to an english ward or what not.

As for our investigators, we have Jenry. He is AMAZING! He reads everything we tell him, he understands it and he wants to change, he wants to come to church every week and he's come to 2 activities. He's awesome. He's got a date for the 10th of April and he's progressing real nicely. We're working on getting him a phone so we can get daily contact with him, but it's tough, but the Lord will provide. And you know what the best part is with him? He's 19! And we're already talking about him going on a mission! I'm so excited, that would seriously be the highlight of my mission if I can get this guy to go on a mission! I'm really really excited about him and please please please pray for him to get baptized!

We also have this guy Mauro Rivera, who has a family! And he's got a date for April 3rd, but I'm not sure he completely understands it yet, but we're working with him and he reads and he comes to church and he just randomly showed up with his whole family at Teo's baptism last Sunday, so he's way sweet! But that's about it for solids right now, but we just found a trailer park of about 200 hispanics yesterday, the only problem is that it's about 15 or so miles from the church, so that's going to be tough to get people there, but the Lord will provide a way.

The coolest thing was, we went and saw Teo and Mercedes on Thursday after his baptism. Mercedes got baptized 5 years ago in Nicaragua, but none of her kids did. Well she told us on Thursday that 2 of her kids got baptized without her knowing, and that now Teo's son in Honduras is going to our church there! Isn't that great! They're going to be an eternal family! And I got to help with that! That is the greatest feeling EVER, to know that I had a part in helping this family be together forever, to always be able to be with eachother. I can't even describe to you what it feels like, but I think Dad might be able to describe it a little bit.

Well, I think that's all I've got for this week. I'm going to be sending my winter gear home soon so I have some more space for all my stuff. But that's all.

Love you all, hope you have a wonderful week.

SKyler

No comments:

Post a Comment