Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2 May 2011

Holy cow, she is super hairy.  That's cool!  Congratulations Mal!  She is a little fatty.  Looks kind of like a miniaturized version of me :) hahaha  dang hispanic food.
   I think I'm going to take a semester off and work when I get home, figure out what I'm doing.  I feel like there's some big changes in my life plan coming up when I get home, so we'll see... haha
    So tonight we're driving down to Elizabeth City, North Carolina to look for hispanics down there and see if maybe we can't get that place opened to spanish missionaries.
  We should be having a baptism next week at 7 oclock, so I don't know what time you all get out of church.  Hopefully it doesn't interfere with calls, but if it does, I just want you to know, I'd choose the baptism.  No offense.  It doesn't mean I don't love you.  It just means taht I'll see you in 8 weeks!  hahahah  Erenia, from Nicaragua, she's getting baptized next week.  Her boyfriend is moving out of the house, so she'll be obeying the law of chastity.  It was sweet how it all worked out.  
   We're still struggling to find solid investigators, but I think I'm finally figuring out what PMG is talking about in finding.  We've been working on just going straight into our message on door steps and teaching people by bearing testimony and it's working out pretty well.  We had some guy that was not interested on his door step, and I just go "we share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, that was restored through a prophet in these last days.  The evidence of that is found here in the Book of Mormon, and you can know about it."  And he just looked at us and then started talking about his beliefs and doubts and things.  It was way solid.  So Preach My Gospel really is inspired.  Who knew?
   My comp is doing good, his spanish is sloooooooooooowly improving :) haha  He had a really rough weekend.  His parents sent him a big envelope with all the letters and pictures that he had sent them throughout his entire mission, and they wrote a letter that said "Don't call on Mother's Day or Christmas.  We don't want to hear anything about you."  And that was it.  It was real rough.  Even worse was that it was on his birthday, so I'm taking him out to lunch today to celebrate.  Hope you don't mind.  
  So elder beckman.  Let's just say that for awhile, he was one of the most disobedient missionaries I had ever heard of.  He's really shaped up these last 2 transfers though.  It was incredible to see.  
   Umm, otehr than that, I don't really know what to say. It's been a good week.  Pretty tough, but that's how it's supposed to be.
   hope you're all feeling better and that you're sharing the gospel
       Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment