Monday, February 7, 2011

7 Feb 2011

Apparently theres a ton of opposition in our entire mission, but our mission president said that it's also throughout the entire church.  He told one of my district members about a prophecy of Pres. Hinckley about how there would be opposition like we've never before seen, and there would then be no more lukewarm members of the church, and then we'd experience unprecedented growth.  Or something like that.  But it just seems that everyone is getting slammed lately.  The sisters in my district have been sick for a whole week.  They didn't go out once last week.  Poor sisters.  They're way awesome, and they were still trying their hardest to work even though they could barely leave their beds.
  Congrats on the job finally!  I knew it would all work out.  It wasn't when you wanted it, but it came when you needed it!  That's way cool!  I totaly forgot that it was superbowl sunday yesterday.  I had to be reminded like, 7 times.  I guess that's cool the packers won.  Brett Favre is probably crying still.  
   I talked to Pres. about this area, and he was like "Elder, I think this is one of the hardest areas in the entire mission.  But I appreciate your attitude about it."  So we talked about what needed to happen, and I think they might be sending in sisters next transfer.  Which I wouldn't mind at all.  But in good news, we just set up an appt with a less active who is reactivating herself and her 11 year old daughter wants to get baptized.  She only needs like, 2 or 3 lessons and then she's good to get baptized.  ANd her mom wants her to get baptized.  So we're praying that we can make that happen.  And we've got a few investigators who are actually interested.  Things are slowly slowly slowly looking up.  WE've got zone conference in Richmond tomorrow, and today my companion and I are going to the family history center.  He wants to do all his work because his family is converts but they're all less active, so we're going today to see what we can come up with.  The consultant there is opening it up just for us :)  
   Well, I still want to thank you for sending me the quad.  I have only put it down when it is absolutely necessary.  And that BYU shirt is the most comfortable thing I have ever worked out in.  THanks a ton.
    Well, I love you all and I'm grateful for all that you do.  I almost had a mind meltdown yesterday.  I forgot that after February comes march, and so I said to my comp "General conference is next month" and then I started freaking out.  It was horrible.  Everyone keeps reminding me that I've only got 4 months left! 
 HINT: Don't talk to a missionary about how much time he has left when it's under 8 months.  It will just make him sad and upset.  
   Well, have a great week :)
                                                               Elder Campbell
Revelation Chap. 3
15 I know thy aworks, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
 16 So then because thou art alukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will bspue thee out of my mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment