Monday, September 27, 2010

27 Sept 2010

So yeah, this week was pretty good. We didn't teach a ton of lessons. People just aren't showing up for their return appointments. But we've got a few that we're still working on right now. Maria is doing good. She jsut hasn't been able to come to church. We're hoping that we can get her to at least one session of general conference. We have two others set, Samuel and Isaura, so we're trying to get them to WANT to come to church. They only let us teach them once a week, so it's really hard and gives satan a lot of time to creep in and do some damage. But alls well in zion. Conference is coming up this weekend and I'm SOOOOO excited. I absolutely LVOE conference. Priesthood session is going to kick butt! I can't believe that it was six months ago that I watched conference in Virginia Beach. That was a funny saturday session. I'll have to tell you about that when I get back. So this week we did a lot of knocking without much success. We've decided to close this one HUGE apartment complex for awhile because we haven't had a single person pan out from there, and we were investing like, 3 hours a day in there, so we figured we'd rather spend our time elsewhere.


Umm, man, I can't believe it's been a whole week since I emailed you last. What's new? So, I'm guessing no one knows anything about John, Juli's old neighbor? umm, man, I honestly don't even know what to tell you. Same old same old. Knocking doors, spreading the gospel. Well, I heard about UNR beating BYU. Isn't that something? How's our defense doing this year? And has anyone heard anything about Luke Babbitt? Hows he doing up in Portland? In other news, I have a canker sore the size of Cuba on my lower lip and it SUCKS! Also, Elder Zobrist, my companion from Virginia Beach, got an offer from one of the less actives for an eternal marriage. She's the one that I think is on my facebook friends. Oh man, way crazy story. I'll definitely have to share that one when I get back too. I'm going to have way too many stories when I get back. Two years of stories is a lot! I hope you all like to sit down for story time for 8 hours a day. haha. Soo, what's new on that side of the country? I heard something about this law that Obama was trying to pass in where they'd give papers to illegals that want to go to college. To put it simply, my companion is loving Obama right now if they get it passed. I'm kind of indifferent. Oh, I also got sworn at by this little colombiano kid last night at a baptism. He then proceeded to make a very obscene gesture involving his hand and his crotch. He's 2 years old. Hispanic kids....

Well, I hope you have a great week. Love you all and I'm going to try to send off my memory card to you today. I've got like, 5 months of pictures on there. I'm still waiting for a picture of Reno and the family. None of my companions know what you all loook like, and I'm not going to lie, neither do I really! hahaha

Love you all. The gospel is true. Keep on truckin.

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment