Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010

Oh man, this week was SUPER sweet! Elder Zobrist and I started to fill the font and when we came back at 6 o'clock, it was coming out at 130 degrees. So we were dumping cold water in the font with coolers we found for like, 10 minutes and Elder Zobrist goes "It's good." So we leave it and we're getting other stuff ready. So it's 15 minutes til 7 and the service starts at 7, so I call Grizselda and say "Can we help with anything?" and she goes "Umm, we decided not to come. We got scared." I go "Wait, what? You're just not coming?" and she says "Yeah, we just aren't going to come. Sorry." Well I'm FREAKING out and my heart was in my throat and I was about to cry and she starts laughing and goes "I'm just kidding, we just overslept on our nap, we'll be there soon." I was just speechless and I go "I was about to go lay down in traffic right there!" Oh man, it was the worst phone call I have ever received, even though it was a lie. But they showed up and we got pictures and then we started. So remember that 130* water? Well apparently Elder Zobrist isn't good at estimating how water cools down, so Fernando starts to get in the font and goes "Woah, that's WAY too hot!" So we're dumping more water in for about 15 mintues and then just said "You gotta suck it up man!" So they both got baptized and it was sweet. Then Elder Zobrist confirmed Fernando and then I confirmed Grizselda. Oh man, it was the COOLEST thing EVER! I had NEVER felt anything like that! I had absolutely no idea what to say, and the words were just coming out of my mouth before I could even think about them. But when I said "Recibe el espiritu santo" as soon as I finished the last "o", I could just feel the spirit jsut go WHOOSH right through my body down my arms and into her. It was incredible. I just imagine it as him just sitting there waiting to be able to make the move, and then just jumping at it, not even wasting any time. Oh man, it was amazing. I really wish you could have seen it, absolutely incredible. He was crying, she was crying, their kids were screaming. It was great. And now we're working to get Jaime baptized on the 3rd of June before he leaves to New Jersey on the 4th. He wants to get baptized so bad it's hilarious. And you know the best part? He was atheist two months ago! hahahahaha and now we got him! It's great! We're still working on finding Marsela a house so she can get baptized because she really wants to still. So that's what we're dealing with. And Dionisio is kind of jumping back on board, so we'll see what happens with him. Oh man, things are just going CRAZY around here. And yeah, I've almost been out for oen whole year!? Isn't taht insane! It just amazes me how fast these 11 months have gone by. I just thought "All those missionaries are liars, it can't go by that fast." Well, they were right.


But yeah, that's the big news for now. I'm just still super excited about Fernando and Grizselda, the only thing is taht I don't get to do the new member lessons with either of them. Oh, and their interveiw on Saturday, oh man, real bad. So Grizselda goes in for hers and then 35 minutes later comes out and Elder Frampton gives me the thumbs up. Then Fernando and he's in there for like, 40 minutes and he comes out and waves for Grizselda to come in. Elder Zobrsit and I are like "What the freak? That can't be good!" So we wait another 30 minutes and we're like "Oh my goodness, this is the worst thing EVER!" and they come out and Elder Frampton goes "I just felt like I needed to talk to them about the plan of salvation and temples and what not. It was all good." It was crazy. WE also got to play football on Saturday. Jaime's son and daughter in law just got baptized about a month ago and they invited us to go to a ward picnic with them, so we went to hang out with Jaime. Well they all go "Who want's to play football?" And jaime goes "Let's play!" because he doesn't know its football. SO we play and I almost lit a few people up, football instincts coming back from Freshman year, but we were playing flag football, so I couldn't tackle anyone, but it was crazy fun but my quads have never hurt so bad in my entire life. I almost couldn't walk the next day.

SO yeah, I got my spanish PMG last night and I broke it in today during studies, I was super excited. Thank you so much. I started carrying my PME with me in my backpack and it was gettting destroyed, so I was going to need a new one eventually. The tortilla making continues and we're getting better. Our latest undertaking is making pupusas, which are from El Salvador. They're way good, but they're a little challenging, but we're getting better.

I'll definitely point out all the people in the pictures when I get home. Can you believe only 13 montsh remain? That's insane! And Pres. Millburn bounces next transfer! That's whats crazy! But the thing I can't believe is that I've been in VA beach for 7 months now. that's a LONG TIEM!

Anyway, I think that's all I got for thsi week. Talk to you soon. Love you all.

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment