Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19

Ok, before I forget, would you be able to send me my english PMG back as well? That would be nice. Maybe some more vitamins too? haha


Oh man, sounds like a good week you've all had. Us too! Last Thursday, we went over to visit Fernando and Griszelda and we had a killer lesson. We just bombarded them with everything we had to get them to feel the spirit. The thing is, the hermanas were going really slow with them, but she's leaving on the 28th to albuquerque or whatever, and he's getting deployed the 5th of June for 6 months. So we fasted with them and had them make their decision and tell us on Friday. I thought I was going to be really worried to make that phone call on Friday, but I was really calm and just felt really good. So I called her and she says "we got our answer. We're going to do it." So they're getting baptized on the 23rd and confirmed the same day. We were freaking out! Elder Zobrist and I had never hugged before that. It was insane. I didn't sleep at all that night I was so excited. But yeah, how great is that!? They're way excited, and we're freaking out. The only problem was that we had to go over the baptismal interview questions with them. The interview asks about Law of chastity, word of wisdom and tithing. He knew a little about the other two, but hadn't been committed to live them, so that was a big deal, and then hadn't heard a thing about tithing. That was hard. But luckily, I always remembered that story that you told me mom, about how the member in the ward brought over a ton of food for you when you paid your tithing. I've used that story everytime on the mish so far and it hasn't failed. Like the stripling warriors said "We never doubted that our mothers knew." So thanks for giving me a strong testimony of tithing from the beginning! So Fernando said he's going to do it and they're getting baptized.

Other than that, not too much this week. We've been just living on top of the world because last wednesday we bought a tortilla presss and we've been eating like hispanics everyday. making tortillas and beans and rice and chicken. We're going to move over into fish tacos and maybe some beef one day. Quien sabe. But Marsela taught us how to make really good tortillas yesterday, I got some pictures, so I'm excited to put my new skills to use. We're also going to learn how to make pupusas tomorrow, so that'll be really exciting.

So what's the news on this new law in Arizona? We heard about it but we're still in the dark on the repercussions. SO some news would be sweet. Yeah, can you believe Adam Tew is coiming back in July? That's crazy how fast that went! Mines going to go even faster! hahaha

And we don't even know if I'm going to open Chesapeake. WE dont' have any news on that, Pres. doesn't really keep us informed on anything that hes doing, but it's definitely going to be opened soon, but I don't know if I would open it or Elder Zobrist. Who knows. I think it would be really good for me because it would force me to take decisions, which I've never liked or been good at doing, so that would be good.

I'll be sure to send some pictures today I think. The card is doing alright, but I lost a ton since that last card mishap. But I'll definitely get some sent off now. I was jsut thinking about that the other day. I still don't have a picture of the fam, or of Reno! hahaha

That's cool about your team health challenge. I want to eat healthier, but when Pres. Millburn said we HAVE to accept food from people when they offer it, my chances of losing weight here just went down to -20%. So I might be a little bigger when I get back. We'll see. But the food is really good at least, so I'll be fat and happy, right!? Anywho, I think that's all I got for this week. My letters h ave been getting progressively shorter since the MTC, but it just feels like I have less to write each week, on account of I can't remember what happened in the last 3 days. But yeah.

Have a good week. Love you all.

Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment