Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jan 6 2010 letter

Hey, so this week has been a lot better. The president still sucks, but that's life. (clarification; the U.S. pres) The big news this weeek is ( duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh duh DUHHHHHHHH) WE GOT HERMANAS down here! How sweet is that? I'm so excited! They're soooo cool! And the members LOVE them! (I"m not kidding, one of the members shrieked and yelled "That's the best gift you could have given me for the new year!) So we're pretty much obsolete now! haha not really, but the members REALLY REALLY REALLY love them! It's crazy. Elder Darbro had some bad experiences with the hermanas back in Henrico, so it always seems like he's trying to turn me against them, but I don't care. I think they're awesome! We've been finding a lot of new investigators lately. I think we've gotten 7 since Thursday. While that's not a TON, they're impossible to find in this area in the wintertime. SO 7 is pretty dang good.

Ok, so some Ecco's would be AWESOME! That lace up one sounds perfect. I'm a size 10.5 I'm pretty sure, so we'll see how that goes.
Oh, so we also built a cave in the house. We hung some blankets from the ceiling and moved the couch underneath them, beccause we were sick of our study area being 60 degrees. Now, we can get the study area up to about 74! It's awesome! We woke up on Sunday, and it was 44 degrees in the house. It's been absolutely freezing here lately, it's miserable to walk around outside for 2 hours in 30* weather, but oh well, that's how life goes!
We had english class last night, it went pretty well. We had about 8 people show up, and Olivia, our investigator who we passed off to the hermanas, came and brought her kids. I went and played some ball with the kids while Elder Darbro was teaching, and then we all went and played some futbol(saying soccer just sounds so weird). It was sweet, but I'm way tired, so naturally we're going to play volleyboll with the English district today for P-Day. SO that should be fun.

Well, I don't really know what else to write this week. SOrry I'm so boring. It's all just blending together now. I can't believe it's already 2010! How crazy is that!? Man, first full year of missionary work! Should be exciting!
oH ALSO, dang capslock, if you ever find some Pentel RSVP pens in all purple (cap, barrel, everything is in all dark purple), could you please send me like, 4 cases of those things. I gave my last 3 away to some members because they LOVED the pens, so now I'm using these pens that I hate and I can't find anymore of those Purple RSVP pens ANYWHERE! SO yeah, that would be awesome.
As for birthday present, I figured it out. Don't get me anything this year or next or for christmas this year, but when you come to pick me up, bring me an i-phone. That seems fair, right? haha yeah, anyway! hahahha

Love you all, miss you. Hope you're all doing great.

Love Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment