Monday, December 21, 2009

Dec 9

Wow, so I typed you a huge 20 minute letter, and it got deleted!


Ok, so. Thanks for the thermals. Those will come in handy. The apartment usually is at 52ish degrees when we wake up because the heater doesn't work properly. And with the GPS. I don't want to spend a ton of your money. But eyah, like the cheap Garmin model would be fantastic!
So have I even ever met this Mary Matthews? It sounds really familiar. Does she have black hair? Cause if she does, I think I know her. There was this girl named Mary in my institute class, and when we had that "Night on the town" thing at the YSA, she was my assigned date. That would be funny if it was her! haha
We have 1 baptism set for the 27th, and he's super solid. He's only 9, and his parents are recent converts of 6 months, so I'm not so sure how much that counts, but eyah. We have this family who is super sweeet. Carlos and Ana. They're from Honduras. Elder Darbro and Ghelfy found tehm about 3 weeks before I got here, but when they didn't come to church the first time, Elder Ghelfy dropped them. But we had this appointment with them last night, but they called us about 2 hours before and said "Sorry, I just got called into work. But I read and prayed abotu the Book of Mormon last night. I'm going to do it again tonight to see if I get an answer." SO we're really really excited about them.
Elder Gleave caem down for exchanges yesterday. He was so excited. I was so excited to see him again! He looked so happy and was so energetic! It was so good to see him like that again. He was super unenergetic and kind of depressed when they sent him up to Harrisonburg again. But he loves being zone leader and he's good at it!
SO we're going to top gun on the 16th. I'm really excited this time. The only problem is that we have to be up in richmond on the 15th at 10AM for Mission conference, so we have to be out of our area for 5 days! It sucks! I'm so mad! 5 whole days without any spanish work in this area! It's really not good, but oh well. But I'm excited for Top Gun because I got in a bad habit of just taking myself completely out of lessons in Charlottesville because I couldn't stand working with one of my companions, and unfortunately that habit has carried down here, so I need to get out of that habit :(
That's crazy about the weather in Reno, especially so early in the season. It's pretty cold here, mostly due to the wind. So mallory's scarf has really come in handy!
Anyway, I still have to email president for my weekly letter. I forgot last week. Uh oh! So yeah. Until nextweek. Love you all. Thanks for your prayers, letters and support.

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment