Sunday, April 17, 2011

4 April 2011

Sooooo.  Transfer calls last night.  I was freaking out, because Elder Allen and I wrote down all the possibilities, kind of like an NCAA  bracket, and it wasn't looking too good for me.  Only ones that we figured were really up for transfer were ones that I don't really get along with.  So we're sitting on the couch freaking out(me at least, because he's going home), and the phone rings, and it says "Mission office".  SO I'm thinking, "ok, the AP's are calling from the office.  That's cool."  Well Elder Allen picks up the phone and Pres. Perry says "Elder Allen.  I assume you heard the prophets advice today in conference.  Get married.  That was a recurring theme in conference.  Everyone was talking about it.  Be creative.  Be loving and get married.  That's pretty much the pre-game show for Tuesday.  I guess you know I want to talk to your companion."  So he passes me the phone and Pres. goes "Elder Campbell, you know the drill. The Lord wants you to train again.  So I need you in richmond Thursday at 8:50.  Wish I had more time to talk to you, but I've got to make a  lot more calls.  See you thursday."  Hahahahahaha I was like "NOOOO WAYYYYYYY!"  Elder Allen goes "man, I'm super jealous.  I wanted to train again.  I want to stay one more transfer adn train him with you!"  It's funny how much LESS I was freaking out this time.  It's just like "Ok, lets do it all over again. hahah"  so yeah, that's the big news for this week. 
   I thought conference was great.  I was really surprised at a lot of the talks.  I thought there would be a lot more repentance, but I guess it makes more sense that if families are under attack, we need to learn the doctrine of the family.  It was interesting to see how many talked about getting married.  Poor Elder Allen, as if people weren't already making jokes about him going home, he's just been getting railed on by people "Oh, you heard the prophet.  Your next mission is to get married.  Getting transferred to Utah."  He's super checked out though.  THis whole weekend he's just been like dead weight.  I don't blame him though.  I probably will be too :) haha
  So we've started looking through the phone book lately to find hispanics, and we found this name real close to our apartment and we go to knock on the door and this hispanic looking guy opens, like, looks straight up mexican.  Elder Allen starts talking to him in spanish and the guy just gives us this stupid look and elder allen goes "I'm sorry.  I thought you spoke spanish."  and the guy jsut makes this angry face and slams the door.  It was wayyyy funny.  
  Other funny story.  So we've been going to the laundromat every monday since we got here.  On saturday, I'm talking with Hna. Vazquez on the phone and I just for some reason decided to look outside and the door to this little shed that's attached to our apartment is open.  So I decided to look inside, and we found we have a washer and dryer.  I was like "Hna. Vazquez, do we share a washer and dryer with our neighbors?" (because she lived in the apartment before) and she just starts laughing and I'm freaking out going "We have a washer adn dryer now!"  it was great.  Reminded me of that episode of king of the hill where they go to Japan and spend the whole week in the welcome room of their super nice hotel room.  I felt like an idiot.  
  So I bought 2 15 lbs. weights today.  I'm way stoked.  Hopefully my new companion will want to run with me in the morning to the church.  It's like, 1.2 miles roundtrip to the church and back, so I'm hoping to start doing that 2 or 3x a week.  Elder Allen doesn't handle mornings well.  He sleeps straight through the alarm adn I have to pretty much body slam  him to wake him up, so going outside to workout isn't really an option, even though by the time he comes downstairs, I'm usually asleep on the floor.  So we'll see how it all goes.  
  So how do you enjoy the new car?  And what did you do with the element?  I'm gonna miss that car.  We should be getting a new car real soon.  We're at 50688 miles or something and the church replaces them at 50000, so we're a bit over.  But I guess there's like, 2 other areas who need new cars soon, so I might be rolling around in a fly new car for the last month of my mission, we'll see :) haha
   Erenia is doing alright.  Haven't seen her lately because of her crazy work schedule.  She had to go to the hospital yesterday because of her blood pressure(she's got diabetes and a slew of other health problems) so she couldn't come to conference.  But she's definitely going to get baptized.  She should be moving out in teh next few weeks, so as soon as that happens, she can get baptized :)  Prayers!!!!!
   Well, apart from that, I think that's all the exciting news to tell you about.  Glad you liked the pictures.  It took me about 2 hours to go through and caption all of them.  But it'll help in the future.  I've been failing on my journal lately, so  I'm hoping my companion is a journal writer so I can get re-motivated to to it.  
  Well, I love you all, hope you have a great week.  
       Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment