Tuesday, April 19, 2011

17 Apr 2011

So no, I don't think any of my friends know when I'm gettting home.  I doubt it at least.
  This week has been really good.  We found 5 new investigators and we've been working our tails off. like,  we're going towards an appointment and we've got 5 minutes til it starts so we're like "We can go  make 2 contacts in those 5 minutes."  My companion is doing good.  he's a little strange, so I'm having kind of a hard time relating to him, so it makes some of the conversations awkward, but he's a great guy.  I was amazed at his spanish when he got out of the MTC.  I thought it would have been a lot better for having spent 9 weeks in there, but he's improving really fast.  He's not a visual learner, he's more of a verbal I guess, so I have a hard time teaching him spanish because for me, making verb charts over and over and over was what worked for me.  So I don't know, I try to help him but it's really tough.  
   We had some heavy rain, but not flooding type.  Lots of lightning, but nothing scarier than in Reno. The tornadoes were in NC and about 40 miles west of us, but they still had tornado alert going for us.  It was kind of stupid.  And I think the kid at the computer next to me is Bow Wow, formerly known as Lil Bow Wow.  It's amazing.  
    So my comp is a huge fan of snickers.  He loves em.  He really will eat anything.  Like, ANYTHING.  It's quite incredible.  There's not really a ton new to report on.  THings are going good.  The 15 lbs wights are awesome.  I use them every morning and love them.  They help out a ton.  You can get very creative with free weights!  I spent the night with Elder Beckman the other night.  Him and his companion came up from Elizabeth City for the night for zone meeting, so that was interesting.  I see this one librarian here every week and she is always wearing this black wind  breaker and she has this giant lump that covers the entire lower half of her back.  I'm trying to figure out what it could be.  Any ideas?
  So you should tell the sisters in Galena Ward to take a hike.  That's Elder's territory :) just kidding.  SIsters are pretty cool usually.  But over here, they're sharks.  They'll do anything for a baptism.  I've known countless elders who had an investigator stolen by sisters who then went on to baptize them.  Sharks I tell you.
   I think i'm good on everything over  here.  I might have lost my quad and english PMG.  Not sure on that one.  But tha'ts ok, I speak spanish luckily :) haha
  So when I was here before, we went over to visit this family Ruiz, my first baptism.  And the kid was reading the book Corduroy.  I was like "Oh, my parents used to always read that book to me! I love it!" so then last week we went over, and the kid comes running down the stairs and goes, "Elder, do you remember that book your parents always used to read you?"  I said yeah and he pulls this mini corduroy bear out from behind his back and goes "I want you to have this."  It was so legit!  Not sure if I told you that already or not.  But yeah
   Well, I love you.
  Hope you're doing well
  Take care
  Give out pass along cards
  Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment