Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 21, 2010

Hey, so everything is alright this week. Sorry abotu the $140. We were at Teo's house on Thursday night, adn we parked in the visitor's spot, so I thought we would be alright. But when we come out, the car was gone! I was freaking out! So we called the towing company, and they said yep, they towed it. So we got a ride with Teo over to the towing lot and they made us wait for about 50 minutes to open the gate, and then I asked them why they towed it when it was in a visitor spot. They told me "you've gotta have a visitor pass and be in a visitor spot." It's so stupid! So it was $135 to get it out, and they don't take card and it has to be exact cash, so they ended up screwing me out of an extra 5 dollars. I was so mad. But yeah, that was why. Sorry about that.


Last week was just wow. I can't really say that I've ever seen so much opposition in the mission. We had everything lined up perfectly for 10 people to come to church on Sunday, and just everything that you can imagine that could have gone wrong pretty much went wrong. Only 1 person came to church. Then after church, Elder Zobrist went up to say hi to one of the recent converts and they guy just turned around and said "You need to be more humble. I was talking with another member and we agreed you're too prideful. You don't do anything out of love, you only do things because you're obligated too." adn then walked away. Well, Elder Zobrist didn't take that hit too well. Then Jenry, the 19 year old, dumped us also on Sunday. Just told us he didn't want to do anything anymore. It was brutal. SO yeah, last week was really tough. Then on monday morning, the phone didn't go off at 6:20 like it should have, so we ended up sleeping in until 7:30 on accident. Just seemed like it couldn't get any worse.

But on the bright side, we're still alive, we have the gospel, what else really matters, right? I've started reading Preach my Gospel like a chapter book as opposed to just opening it adn studying something, and it's really really good! I never realized how much is actually in taht book! Can you imagine, not a single word in that book is wasted! Every SINGLE word was divinely inspired. As the apostles said of it "Written in heaven, published on Earth."

So at English class last night, we were talking to one of our investigators and we're walking to the car and he turns to Elder Zobrist and says "Why don't you go buy yourself a drink.' Elder Zobrist thought the guy was handing him like, 2 bucks, but we get in the car and we turn on the light, and its a $100!!!! This guy doesn't even have work right now, but he's dropping 100s for us to buy a drink! Needless to say, we're going to return it and teach him how to pay fast offerings and tithing with it. But yeah, that was exciting! I took a few pictures with the 100 just to prove it! Also, last p-day I was going through my old letters and I found your christmas letter mom. Turns out that I actually never opened it :) haha sorry. So I opened it, and guess what I found! My memory card! hahhahaha sorry.

 SOrry to hear about the job search dad. I know i'm not exactly in the same position, but I have started to realize what Pres. Hinckley said when he said "The gospel is true. What else matters?" Keep it up, God's got something for you. We just have to expect it on His time.

Ok, so Elder Zobrist adn I have had this question for a long time, but we dont' haev access to wikipedia, so I'm gonna need some help. Did George Lucas start Star Wars with Star Wars IV: A New Hope, or was it just Star Wars and then he went back and changed them to I-VI. just wondering. So some information would be good. Thank you very much.

Well, I believe that is it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll probably forget it by next week. Anywho, thanks for the letters, love, prayers and support. Talk to you all in like, 18 days or something.

Love, SKyler

No comments:

Post a Comment