Friday, November 6, 2009

Nov. 4, 2009

Hey, so this week is kind of weird. Last week on P-Day after I emailed you, we went hiking on Humpback Rocks off of Blueridge Parkway (you should really look this place up, it's INCREDIBLE!) and we went
to this waterfall after. So on the way back, all of a sudden the elder driving slams on the brakes and I feel this big thud. Someone shouts "Was that a bear?" Yeah. We hit a bear. A black bear ran out from the woods and hit the van. So we get out and we start getting a little closer to the bear (don't worry, like 50 feet away) and it doesnt look like it's breathing. So we start to get a little closer adn we're like "That thing is dead, it's not getting up." As soon as I took 2 pictures, the things head lifts up and I turn around and spring towards the van and jump in the open trunk and see the bear running off into the woods and it was ridiculous! I haven't run that fast since High School! It was crazy! But everything is alright and we're all fine, don't worry. But yeah, that was last p-day.
Last Saturday, the Crisis had a baptism and we had 2 people show up. Maricela came and enjoyed it, but she was scared by how hard Elder Gomez dunked the lady under the water. Then we had crazy Cristiano
Jose come. This guy is an illegal from Honduras, but he talks and acts like a mexican. He told us that he was an illegal in Mexico and the migre there pick on central americans, so he learned to talk and act like a chilango (someone from DF or district federal in Mexico City) and when the migre came on teh bus down there, they asked if anyone was from central america and he said "No, I'm from the state of Mexico" and just started naming off cities there, so they let him pass. He's crazy. On Sunday, Rosi and her husband Joel came to church and Joel told us he's going to try to get work off on sundays so he can keep coming! Then we went over to Juan and Lulu's and they had taken a pizza out of the oven, so they start handing us slices and I say "Ya comI" which means I already ate and she just replied "No te preguntamos" which is We're not asking you! Monday we didn't do anything really, we raked Rosi's yard as a surprise and also this old lady Dorothy's yard. She's so lonely its really sad. She lives with her 53 year old son who's got some mental disorder and she just sits inside all day with her 14 cats so she was so excited to have us come over and she cooked us dinner and wanted to just sit and chat forever and I felt so bad when we had to leave!
Then yesterday we came down to Richmond for zone conference and we went to Wendy's before conference and as we walk in, this construction worker walks in and I go up to order and he jumps in front of me and says "Put all these guys in suits on my bill." So we're like what the heck? and he tells us his son served in Fiji and he loves missionaries and wanted to take care of us. So taht was pretty sweet. Then zone conference was awesome. It was pretty much a 3 hour rundown of what we're not doing and what we could be doing better and how we could be doing it, but I absolutely loved it! It was awesome! Then we spent the night in Henrico and got up at 5:30 this morning which SUCKED! but yeah, we have zone p-day today and we're gonna play soccer and watch Brother Bear in spanish! Should be pretty fun! So yeah, that's my week.
I got the package from the Wanlass's and I'll be sure to write them a thank you note. Also, if you could just tell everyone on the blog that if I don't write them back, I'm really sorry. I'm super busy, especially on P-Days lately, so I don't have much time to write letters anymore! Which is a bummer, but it happens.
All I know is this transfer only has 15 days left! It's going by INSANELY fast! So yeah, the spanish is coming along great. The accent is good, and I've just given up on trying to help Elder Washburn. But it's ok. 
Ok, well I think that's it for this week, until I remember something when I walk out the door :) haha But until next week. Love you all. miss you. Still not enough to come home though!

No comments:

Post a Comment