Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 15 (and still counting)

Wow, that week just flew by! Here's this week's letter from our wonderful son/missionary


Hey hey hey everyone. Another p-day already! This one is crazy. Our world got rocked yesterday! Transfers! We were all freaking out cause none of us want to leave because we've just started getting the awesome investigators just pouring out at us. But we got the transfer sheet last night and Elder Gleave is headed up to Harrisonburg. He was kind of upset because he hasn't left this side of Virginia in 10 months adn they're only sending him to H-Burg to turn that area around because the 3 elders up there right now only did 2 investigator lessons last week. Only 2! What were they doing? So he's going up there to whip the area into shape adn get the ball rolling again. Poor guy. Elder Nelson is now district leader and is keeping me and elder Washburn is coming up from Richmond to be with us. Weird, I know. I'm still freaking out, but we'll see how everything works out. Elder Washburn is just really intense now since being with the Zone Leaders, so we're hoping he doesnt scare away our investigators. Elder Nelson, oh man, it'll be interesting. He takes everything wayyyyyy to hard. He over reacts and goes into crisis mode at the smallest thing, so we'll see how he handles 2 greenies AND being DL. But that's the biggest news of the week here! Oh, and yes, Elder Gleave did date Whitney at BYU. I got in the elevator at the library and said "Elder Gleave, did you ever date a girl at BYU named Whitney Young?" and his face just goes blank and he says "I don't want to talk about it." HAHAHAHAHAHA how funny is that? That's so wacky. Gahh so this past week has been intense. So many investigators, so little time! Conference was AWESOME though, right? Elder Hales' talk was INCREDIBLE! and Elder Holland, oh man! The english elders we live with had an investigator who has problems with the BoM at that session and Elder Holland just went off, and the guy got up and left shortly after. I dont' know if he was upset or overwhelmed or what, but that talk was amazing! Also, Pres. Eyring at Priesthood was freaking ridiculous! I loved it! Conference went by wayyyy too fast though. I wish there were more sessions! Haha, I bet you never thought you'd hear that coming from me did you? I was so excited to go to conference here, I was like a little school girl!
Thats' awezsome you got to see so many church sites! Jealous! Sounds like you are having(had?) a wonderful time up there! Lots of sites and fun! We had some fun yesterday. Elder Gleave and I met this one hispanic guy walking in this trailer park, he's wearing snakeskin boots and matching belt, pinstripe suit, shirt undone halfway, a black stetson adn some shades and he's got a plastic bag with what looks like a bottle of Rum, but definitely some type of alcohol. So Elder Gleave starts talking to him and he just says "Cowboys. Cowboys." SO we're like "You like cowboys? Like, the football team or the people on horses? to which he replies "horses. Horses. horses. horseeees. I live in Austin. TEXas. Austin. Yo soy vacation. De Austin." His name was Samuel and I don't think i've ever met anyone as trashed as he was! It was insane! But funny. So man, we've got Ana set for baptism but she still hasn't been able to come to church. We're getting ready to set Rosi, Melicia, Pancho, Erica adn Santiago. How nuts is that? we're going to be shooting for 6 investigators set for a baptismal date soon! That's insane! But keep on praying for it, we need the blessings to get these people some time off work! So my spanish this week has been nuts. I feel like I haven't progressed as much as I would like to, but I've been making more and more phone calls in spanish, but I still have to give the phone to Elder Gleave or Nelson a veces because I can't understand the hispanics over the phone. But I haven't said anything embarrassing like "Jesus Christ suffered for my fishes" in awhile. So taht's good. Oh man, what else is there to tell this week!? This week went by too fast that I feel like I already told you about everything in my LAST letter.
Soooo, wow, I don't know what else to write. Pretty much transfers was the only really exciting thing this week. It was crazy. Um, I guess that's all. I think.
I always think of something else to write after I get off e-mail but I can't think of anything right now. But can you believe that my first transfer out of the MTC is already over? That's insane. Everyone says the first one goes by so slow and then they speed up after that, but mine went by SOOO fast! It's crazy. Hopefully they don't slow down to a crawl! That would be terrible! But when the language becomes more natural, I have a feeling they'll start going pretty fast. Man that was a fast 6 weeks. OH also, Martin, the guy in the jail, is doing really really really awesome. He's reading the BoM everyday and praying and has really good questions to ask us everytime we stop by. I told him about conference and he said he would have liked to go, but since he's in jail, yeah, you can see how that wouldn't work. He's doing so good and he's SO awesome. We would set him for baptism right now, but he's not getting out for another 19 months, so it wouldn't work :( oh well maybe in 19 months right?
So ok, that's all for this week. I'll talk to you all next week, even though it'll seem like 2 or 3 days! Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment