Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Three months out!

So guess what!!!!!!????? We have an investigator set for baptism!!! Ana! Elder Gleave and Nelson found her before I got here, but we were ready to drop her because she wasn't keeping her committments and wasn't progressing at all, so we stopped going to visit them. Well she called us after about 2 weeks of no contact and said "Why don't you come visit us anymore? You should come over tomorrow!" So we go over there and we start talking to them about the Restoration and in the middle of the lesson she says "I did what you asked. I prayed to God to know if it's true." At that point we're all freaking out! It was boring and mundane and then she drops that bomb on us! So we say what happened? and she replies "I was praying, and I got escalofrios(goosebumps. I've never felt anything like that. I know it's true." WE WERE FREAKING OUT! So we came back the next day and asked what she thought she needed to do and she says "Follow Gods will I guess. He wants me to be baptized, right?" How AWESEOME IS THAT!!! She's so solid! Her faith is amazing! And her useless husband Felix was sitting there and she looks at me and asks "It's kind of like a cleansing, right?" So I told her exactly and she looks to her husband(they're actually just juntar-ing right now) and says "You could use a little cleaning yourself!!!" But how amazing is that? We're so excited! We set her for the 26th of october! We're also going to set Pancho tonight. His name is actually Francisco, but as soon as we started calling him Pancho he started progressing and responding to us, so we just went with it! He's super crazy and can't talk for more than about 6 minutes at a time or else he gets super tired and just stops talking mid sentence, but he's great. He just told us the other day that he knows the book of mormon is true, it was revealed to him in a dream. I don't know what it is with hispanics and their visions! It's weird! But yeah, he's gonna be gettin wet soon! hahaha The Zone Leaders came up from Richmond on Monday for some more exchanges. I was bythewaying at this place called pollo loco(its a hispanic shop but the receipts say pollo loco ???) and I started talking to this guy from El Salvador. He started talking about sin and how when we see sin, we need to do what a pig in a rodeo does- go limp. I didn't quite get that. But then he went on to talk about the Padre at Church of the Incarnacion(latino catholic church here) and how he's been telling everyone that the padre is posessed. Well apparently the padre doesn't like this so he's threatening to call migra on the poor guy, but he says he's just gonna stick it out. Wacky. We taught this lady Rosalva last night. She's SO solid! She understood everything we told her about the restoration and she was excited to read the BoM before our next cita on thursday and it's just awesome. She's sweet! So our ward is going to start a 40 day fast this next week and we're getting in on it. We're stoked, something big is about to happen here, we can all feel it. We're getting I think 4 or 5 new spanish elders not this next transfer but the 2 after that! We're gonna be opening up I think 2 new areas and maybe zebra-ing a few( 1 spanish elder and 1 or 2 crisis') so that would be really exciting! So tomorrow is Elder Gleave's b-day! He's gonna be 21. I can't believe he's been in Charlottesville for 8 months now! We have a feeling he's getting transferred really soon, so maybe I'll have 2 trainers! How weird would that be? So we're going to start playing soccer on tuesdays with the hispanics at this field complex on the other side of town. Apparently it's a legitimate finding activity, so we're taking advantage of that. Also, Elder Nelson and I found out that KFC does a buffet on the east coast. We also found out that it's one of the worst idea's ever. I haven't felt that sick in I don't even know how long! It's not good, I would never recommend that. Sad day, we went to the jail yesterday to visit Martin, this really awesome kid of some inactives. The other elders had been visiting him for about 2 months, but we hadn't seen him in 2 weeks because of Top Gun. So we went to visit him yesterday and we waited there for 1 hour because he was making up his mind if he wanted to see us and then decided he didn't. So that was a big waste of time. But we were worried that was going to happen because of freaking top gun!!!! So I doubt we're going to be able to get in and see him for awhile, if at all. Oh well. Oh man what else is there this week that's exciting?? Ummm, we got to write letters to soldiers today. We did this day of caring thing with United Way and a few members from the wards around here and us walked around this rally thing just to "presence it" as they call it with the yellow "Mormon helping hands" vest on and then we went to the chapel to write letters to the soldiers. Umm, the hispanics aroudn here have been going crazy with world cup qualifying going on. I need to keep better track of my futbol if I want to have conversation topics with any of them! haha Man I always forget about all the awesome things I want to write to you because they happen so early in the week!? I'm always like "oh, I'm going to write this, it's awesome!" and then I forget... I feel like that's all but I know that as soon as I log off the computer, I'm going to remember something that I want to tell you. But I have no idea. Oh well. Next week then! Love you all. I miss you. Can't wait to hear from you. Have a good week everyone. Love your favorite Elder

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Skyler is doing really well and is very happy and busy!

    ReplyDelete